Author Topic: Microsoft GAVE US PERMISSION!!!  (Read 72087 times)

sun444

Re: Microsoft GAVE US PERMISSION!!!
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2010, 11:16:47 pm »
Use it within my mission? :P

I don't know anything about your mission and if it's multiplayer I've never done that. I was always flying alone.

Let's take the weekend to think about this, there are some options like mixing moving and non moving parts where you can't see if the ship stays in place (like looking through the plat cam).

Right now I'm doing a lot of recording tests to see what we can do.

And may I suggest that we start an extra thread for this video project because it's not that much related to "Microsoft gave us permission". Members looking at the title might expect something different ...

I'll join this discussion again on Monday.

And You all have a really nice weekend
sun
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:22:27 pm by sun444 »

wilycoyote4

« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2010, 12:08:03 am »
...... Wait til I wide-release the Sludge Hornet v1.1 w/FSXNP's BlackBox UFC w/Betty alerts and the entire sound pack included.  As well as svicar's new "grunge Sludge" VMFA-323 paint.

Sludge
Aye, aye, will wait gladly.  Looking forward to a new video thread and a new V1.1 thread.

Many thanks for the trap approach info.

IRONDAN

« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2010, 03:18:40 am »
Will it be difficult to at least being able to fit fuel tank an weaons like Captainsim f/a-18d ?

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2010, 09:06:31 am »
IRON...

Thats a possibility once we get a workable, "animated" exterior model we can mess with.  Thats the hard part, because any decompiled loses its "animations" in the decompilation process.  So one has to now go in "step by step" and re-animate all the parts, then add their extra parts.  Not that Id even know what to do, as you might be able to tell, Im not even a modeler, so I wouldnt know the first thing to do... Im a modder/tweaker.

Will keep your ideas on "the list" of things to do though.

Later
Sludge

average_joe

« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2010, 02:14:01 pm »
Sludge,

An idea ... assuming you're still in the KNUW area ... see if some of the Growler pilots wouldn't mind test flying your mods ... even though the Growler if E/F based, there might be some IPs in the RAG with C time.

Average Joe

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2010, 05:09:38 pm »
Joe...

Long time no see!  How's things been?  No, Im not up in KNUW, otherwise, yes... I would try to talk to as many "real world" Growler pilots and get their inputs.  Im currently stuck here in Okieland... Moore, OK, since I have a great contractor job at Tinker AFB.  Even tho Okie is boring as all get out, hard to leave such a great paying and easy job, in these days.

BTW, I sent an email to you a couple weeks back about part of the reason I reconfigured the the fa-18.air, and aircraft.cfg static_thrust was because of your last takeoff numbers.  In addition to FSX multiplayers telling me the Hornet was underpowered, when flight testing your numbers proved it was underpowered.  I finally got a few things figured out and the new flight dynamics in the Sludge are far closer to what you sent me.  Thanks.

Also, in Case I, daytime carrier patterns... do aircraft fly "on-speed" (yellow donut) all the way around the pattern (downwind to the wires)?  Or do they fly 150 KIAS (maintaining separation), til "the 90" then get "on-speed"?

Later
Sludge

IRONDAN

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2010, 04:19:32 pm »
My ultimate fsx Hornet... the A+ with the IFF antenna, UHF and VHF etc... delicious ! and of course the fuel tanks.

sun444

« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2010, 05:20:46 pm »
Sludge, here a first test video how it could be. It's HD in 720p so best thing is pausing the video first because it will stutter.

The flying really is bad because ...
...having a pic with a moving aircarft in your sight is distracting
... being busy to keep the HUD visible (VC is moving all the time)
... not yet used to land on moving ships

But anyway the video is just to show how we could do it.

CU
sun

SUBS17

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2010, 08:07:15 pm »
Nice video whats the mark next to the FPM?

sun444

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2010, 08:25:07 pm »
Nice video whats the mark next to the FPM?

Silly me, what is FPM?

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2010, 12:13:17 am »
SUBS...

Do you mean Feet Per Minute on the HUD, just above the Boxed Altitude?  Other than the minus (-) denoting a descent, Im not sure what youre talking about?

Later
Sludge

Orion

« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2010, 12:33:23 am »
Not even sure if this is a part of a HUD (:P), but could SUBS mean flight path marker?

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2010, 01:37:27 am »
sun444, good idea about having the extra window in frame but probably distracting in real time as you are saying. Actually at one point I was distracted and I was not flying!  ;D  Perhaps if you have four arms it would be possible to change that extra view to other views?

My dream would be to have the mirror at the same size throughout in an extra window (does not have to be too large to be an obstruction) probably top left corner. In this way the mirror / ball / datum combo can be seen as well as any ordinary view (other videos show only the HUD which by my preferred view for example). Having the mirror/ball in plain view would be really helpful IMHO but how it would work I have no clue and how to achieve that I don't know.

However I'll repeat having the NEW HUD etc. makes all the difference. It is terrific.

The actual carrier landing in the video was a bit 'off' but that is not the point of the video.  ;D

As far as Flight Path Marker or FPM whatever it is I reckon is irrelevant for most day carrier landings. Yes these HUD items are useful to get to a point where you can use the mirror. When that may be is up to your skill I'll agree but transition to the mirror when you can rather than just do an instrument approach (during daytime).

EDIT: Another 'window in window' idea for the FSX carrier landing video would be to have the PLAT window in upper right? or where ever thought suitable. Probbaly too distracting for a real time sim use but useful in playback video probably?

F-35C flew for first time Sunday:
[EDIT} for any FlightSimmers about F-35C differences:
"Handling with landing gear down was a key focus of the first flight as the F-35C has a 30% larger wing and uprated flight controls to reduce takeoff and landing speeds compared with the other F-35 variants. Knowles says the aircraft approached at 135 kt., compared with 155 kt. for the smaller-winged F-35A and B variants at the same 40,000-lb. gross weight. Takeoff rotation speed was 15-20 kt. slower, he says.
&
The 57-min. first flight focused on gear-down handling and formation flying with the F/A-18 chase aircraft in “an early look at handling around the carrier”, says Knowles, adding “The approach was very stable, with good roll response.” [http://alturl.com/fnsk]

http://www.fencecheck.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=00e09c740fca6852fecd04893aeb136e&topic=689.msg251247;topicseen#new

http://www.bensware.com/photos/events/F35CCF1First/

« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 12:54:38 am by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

SUBS17

« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2010, 03:49:07 am »
Not even sure if this is a part of a HUD (:P), but could SUBS mean flight path marker?

yes

SUBS17

« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2010, 03:52:32 am »
As far as Flight Path Marker or FPM whatever it is I reckon is irrelevant for most day carrier landings.

I'm not surprised considering you used to fly A4s. ;D