Author Topic: some questions about MSFS GSX pro  (Read 592 times)

flare_alfred

some questions about MSFS GSX pro
« on: December 25, 2023, 02:12:57 am »
Please tell me the following about MSFS GSX pro.

1-I do live updates every time, but I can't find the release notes, so I don't know what improvements or fixes have been made.
how can i know that?
2- Patches are downloaded no matter how many times I repeat the live update. Normally, once the update is complete, the version information should be displayed and the update should no longer be possible, but is this a problem with my environment?
3- Where can I see the latest version?

thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: some questions about MSFS GSX pro
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 08:59:24 am »
1-I do live updates every time, but I can't find the release notes, so I don't know what improvements or fixes have been made.

The release notes are posted in 3 different places:

- The "Release Notes" in the FSDT Installer. If you always run the Live Update interface, you might not see it.

- The Sticky thread in this forum about the last updates:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26826.0.html

- The link to the Updates page on the HOME page of our site called "GSX Pro latest updates Release Notes", which links here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

2- Patches are downloaded no matter how many times I repeat the live update. Normally, once the update is complete, the version information should be displayed and the update should no longer be possible, but is this a problem with my environment?

Some files are always supposed to be downloaded (which they are, are listed in the updater text log), as explained in the Sticky thread, the same one which contains the latest updates:

IMPORTANT NOTE: The Airport Services and Jetways sceneries ZIP files are supposed to be always downloaded, this is normal. Those kind of files are thousands of very small files that compress very well, so we found it was faster to always redownload them as single ZIP files, then check thousands of individual files if they are in need of an update.

Unencrypted versions of FSDT airport files for FSDT sceneries bought on the MS Marketplace will also be downloaded every time, this is also normal.

3- Where can I see the latest version?

In the FSDT Installer. Which is the SAME (exactly the same .EXE) just with a complete interface because you started it from the "FSDT Installer" icon so, what it does is identical, but it has an interface were you can read release notes, read the versions, read the manuals, everything.

The Live Update interface is used for those that simply want to "update everything" without asking any questions. You had many questions, so the right interface for you would have been the Installer interface. Which again, points to exactly the same .EXE, but with a full interface instead of the minimal one of the Updater.

flare_alfred

Re: some questions about MSFS GSX pro
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 01:57:56 am »
I understood everything.
Thank you for your prompt and courteous response.