Author Topic: See thru glass jetways and connectors?  (Read 697 times)

crauds

See thru glass jetways and connectors?
« on: November 23, 2023, 10:21:48 pm »
I had GSX for FSX and was able to choose jetway styles.  There seems to be no option with GSX for MSFS.  The manual states that there are 3 variations that are used and it shows pictures of see-thru jetway where passengers can be observed, but here in the US the airports I have visited only have the solid style of jetway.  Can this be modified by the user?
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: See thru glass jetways and connectors?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 01:00:08 am »
The way GSX Jetway replacement is done in GSX is completely different than P3D. There, we had SODE, which allowed to create custom Jetways on the fly, completely bypassing the default Jetway system in the sim.

In MSFS, since there's no SODE, we use the default Jetway system, and provided GSX with a set of replacement files that has been pre-built based on default airports data, so they can't be edited like in FSX/P3D.

With 3rd party sceneries, the issue is even more tricky, because possible legal issues would come into play because, to do something like you are asking (adjusting a 3rd party jetway in a 3rd party scenery) would require creating a new adjustment scenery, which would involve decompiling and recompiling something based on 3rd party data, something that even if it might technically legal (and not everywhere, Europe has different regulations about decompiling than the US, for example), it might not something 3rd party developers might be happy with.

crauds

Re: See thru glass jetways and connectors?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 06:14:38 pm »
I do remember SODE.  Makes sense.  Thanks for the clarification.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64