Author Topic: Wrong Ground Service Shows up with SU14B  (Read 439 times)

rsaberi

Wrong Ground Service Shows up with SU14B
« on: November 14, 2023, 06:01:46 am »
Hello,

Seems like with Su14B, after landing and when I select and ground service, the airline/service provider that I select doesn't necessarily shows up at the gate and sometimes another ground provider shows up! Is it just me or is it a known issue with SU14B?

Thanks,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Wrong Ground Service Shows up with SU14B
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 09:59:54 pm »
It has nothing to do with SU14B, but you still have issues grasping how the operator selection works GSX. As explained so many times, if one operator has the maximum score, NO MENU will show: since it wouldn't make any sense to show a menu with just one choice.

I suggest reading again the operator scoring chapter on Page 90 of the manual. if something is not clear, make a proper example, and we'll see if what happens doesn't match the logic as it has been designed.

rsaberi

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 01:25:23 am »
This is after I land at an airport! The menu shows up and I select an airline but another operator shows up! Perhaps I should take a video for you! This is a very new issue!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 11:17:03 am »
This is after I land at an airport! The menu shows up and I select an airline but another operator shows up! Perhaps I should take a video for you! This is a very new issue!

Are you sure you are looking at the same gate you selected, not a nearby one? Airport services vehicles looks exactly like GSX vehicles, but they are assigned using a different method which is not related to the operator menu.

rsaberi

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2023, 02:17:59 am »
Yeah for sure as I have ground vehicle set to very limited number and with the exception of the tow truck there is no other ground services in the other parking stalls. I don't know if you have noticed but with the new update or SU14B, when I land and as I open the GSX Pro tab, I can select the parking spot and then the airline but then the tab quickly disappears and a new tab opens which say revoke this position, remove AI, etc.! This quick closing/opening of the tab may be the issue. But I am not sure. Hope you encounter the same yourself and perhaps you can tell what's causing this.

In general though, per our prior conversations, it would be awesome if you can add a tab or two in the GSX setting so we can set a default airline for our airplane and a default catering. If an airport has those liveries/services available then the code should be written such that those will automatically be selected for your airplane. If not, then the user should choose which company's services they prefer. This would make this much more realistic and I know you strive for that.

Thank you.