Author Topic: Jetway Issues  (Read 1435 times)

Alex Roffe

Jetway Issues
« on: November 13, 2023, 11:55:12 am »
So I am having the following issue when I land at Faro International. This issue also occurs in other Airports which makes me thing I might be doing something wrong.

I landed at parked up at Stand 320.

I can see from the scenery that GSX has replaced the Jetway in the base game owing to the decals etc.

I request the Jetway from my FMC on the aircraft.

When connected, I open the door, and then I click in GSX 'Jetway Operate'.

I then begin boarding, and I can hear the passengers boarding, but visually their are no passengers.

What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 12:30:56 pm by Alex Roffe »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 12:42:10 pm »
When connected, I open the door, and then I click in GSX 'Jetway Operate'.

This shouldn't be possible according to your screenshot, because the "Jetway operate" is not even there, and it's replaced by the "No jetways here" option, which can appear because of either:

- you explicitely disabled the jetway in the airport profile

- another scenery is in conflict

- the jetway replacement file for GSX can't be used, because the default scenery has changed. It's possible that when Ibera World Update is installed, even the default scenery for Faro might change as well, so the GSX jetway replacement file might not be usable anymore.

I suggest installing World Update 8 AND run the "Exclude 3rd party airport" routing in the GSX Config page: the airport will look much better and it custom jetways will work with GSX anyway.

Alex Roffe

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 12:45:02 pm »
Thank you for this!

Just to be clear, is my work flow correct?

Using the aircraft to request the Jetway, then once connected, click 'Operate Jetway'.

I only ask because when using stairs, these can be requested through GSX, does the Jetway have to be done via the FMC on board?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 12:45:43 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 12:48:57 pm »
Using the aircraft to request the Jetway, then once connected, click 'Operate Jetway'.

Doesn't make any sense. If the airplane connects the jetway on its own, doing "operate jetways" in GSX with the already connected jetway will result in the jetway disconnecting!

That's because there's no such thing as a "connect jetway" or "disconnect jetway" command in the MSFS list of SDK events, there's only a Jetway "toggle", which will invert the jetway status so, if you call it with a connected jetway, it will disconnect.

Just use "Operate Jetways" from GSX or Boarding/Deboarding, which will operate jetways automatically.

Also, looking at your screenshot again, it's clear the stairs you had there didn't have anything to do with GSX possibly being "confused" and not reading the jetway so, scratch all my previous explanations about possible conflicts, because those are NOT GSX stairs, they are PMDG ones, and PMDG doesn't know about the scenery own jetway, it will always displays its own stairs, no matter what.

Which is why, when calling Boarding/Deboaring from GSX, it won't happen immediately, because GSX will first have to operate the PMDG FMC to send away the PMDG stairs and other vehicles, so Boarding/Deboaring will start after all these vehicles are gone.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 12:53:02 pm by virtuali »

Alex Roffe

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 12:51:52 pm »
Okay thanks.

I don't understand because I had to enable Jetway in the airport profile, I was expecting to already be there to be honest. Is this standard to have to enable them?

When I click 'Operate Jetway' it just comes up with a message saying 'There's already a default Jetway' or something similar.

Hence me then operating it from the plane.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 12:53:14 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 12:56:56 pm »
I don't understand because I had to enable Jetway in the airport profile, I was expecting to already be there to be honest. Is this standard to have to enable them?

No, GSX will automatically detect a jetway, if there are no scenery conflicts. But, of course, without knowing your existing situation, I can't possibly say if, for example, if you already had an airport profile that for any reason had the jetway disabled, you had to reenable it back, even if GSX would otherwise be capable to detect it automatically, without a profile.

When I click 'Operate Jetway' it just comes up with a message saying 'There's already a default Jetway' or something similar.

You will always see that message in MSFS, because as far as GSX is concerned, EVERY Jetway in MSFS is "default", even if it has a custom model. Default jetway here, means how it WORKS (using the default jetway method, the only one available in MSFS), the only time you would have seen a different message, would be in FSX/P3D, because there, GSX operated jetways in very different ways, depending if they were default, or made with SODE, which is not available in MSFS so, in MSFS, every jetway is default.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2023, 12:58:04 pm »
Also, because you were very quick replying while I was adding something to my previous reply, you might have missed this:

Also, looking at your screenshot again, it's clear the stairs you had there didn't have anything to do with GSX possibly being "confused" and not reading the jetway so, scratch all my previous explanations about possible conflicts, because those are NOT GSX stairs, they are PMDG ones, and PMDG doesn't know about the scenery own jetway, it will always displays its own stairs, no matter what.

Which is why, when calling Boarding/Deboaring from GSX, it won't happen immediately, because GSX will first have to operate the PMDG FMC to send away the PMDG stairs and other vehicles, so Boarding/Deboaring will start after all these vehicles are gone.

Alex Roffe

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2023, 01:02:36 pm »
Thank you for your help I will try this evening.

Can I just confirm the correct workflow then:

- Arrive on Stand
- If Jetway Operate not an option, enable it in the Airport Config in the menu.
- Click 'Jetway Operate'.
- Boarding.

I do not have to go into the FMC and do anything, even if for example the PAX Boarding is set to stairs, I don't need to change that to Jetway.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 01:07:26 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2023, 01:11:21 pm »
If Jetway Operate not an option, enable it in the Airport Config in the menu.

As I've said, UNLESS the airport profile (which might as well be you changing the option, since as soon you touch anything there, an airport profile will be created if it didn't exists before) has explicitly disabled the jetway on a gate that has one, you are not supposed to do that.

In fact, you should NOT do that, because you can't magically make a jetway work just by enabling it in GSX, because as explained so many times in the forum and also in the manual, GSX doesn't NOT control jetways in MSFS, it JUST detects them or not based on information coming from the Simconnect Navdata API, and it JUST sends a Toggle to operate the, but after that, whether the jetway will work or not, it's completely in the hands of the simulator.

gibson94

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2023, 05:49:15 pm »
Good morning
Is it possible to reduce or even eliminate the sounds of jetway sirens at airports?