Author Topic: Simbrief connection error  (Read 3477 times)

mwyatt

Re: Simbrief connection error
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2024, 09:59:37 am »
Thanks for your reply.
I have had a simbrief account for a long time, nothing has changed there.
I have noticed that MFS2020 and GSX pro only work properly (Green Simbrief) when the flight being used by MSFS2020 and GSXPro is the latest generated flight in Simbrief, despite many flight available saved in Simbrief.
Martin.

pete_auau

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2024, 01:20:24 pm »
Thanks for your reply.
I have had a simbrief account for a long time, nothing has changed there.
I have noticed that MFS2020 and GSX pro only work properly (Green Simbrief) when the flight being used by MSFS2020 and GSXPro is the latest generated flight in Simbrief, despite many flight available saved in Simbrief.
Martin.
Thats  how  it  works   since  it  goes  by  the  time  you  have  in  sim  brief  departure, if you  are  late   getting  in  the  sim it  will be  outside  the  time  limit  which in  turn  will be  red  in  gsx.   what i  do  is  load   into  the  im  than  generate  the  flight  plan  in  sim brief than it  will  always  be  green  ok

Murf

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2024, 03:01:15 pm »
Thats  how  it  works   since  it  goes  by  the  time  you  have  in  sim  brief  departure, if you  are  late   getting  in  the  sim it  will be  outside  the  time  limit  which in  turn  will be  red  in  gsx.   what i  do  is  load   into  the  im  than  generate  the  flight  plan  in  sim brief than it  will  always  be  green  ok

I'm sorry, but maybe I am being a bit dense... but what is "im"??  Is it supposed to be sim?? Folks use so many abbreviations in these forums, sometimes I think it's a new language and I don't know what they are talking about... a sometimes it is just a mistype.    ;)

Anyway, I always load a freshly generated flight plan... but MAYBE it is the order in which I am loading it!! Hmmmmm  ???
Senior Master Sergent (retired)

Murf

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2024, 04:22:02 pm »
did you make  a  account  with simbrief  before  navigraph or  after   since  your  user  name  will be  differrent

After....

Murf

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2024, 09:41:44 pm »
Ok I THINK I understand.... to be exact... I need to actually change my "Name" to not have a space?? Because my "Alias (Username)" doesn't have a space... BUT my "Name" does!!!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 10:08:05 pm by Murf »

pete_auau

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2024, 11:01:49 pm »
Ok I THINK I understand.... to be exact... I need to actually change my "Name" to not have a space?? Because my "Alias (Username)" doesn't have a space... BUT my "Name" does!!!
it  doesn't matter  if  your  name  has  a space  in  it, what  matters that your alias  hasn't a  space  in it, had a look at your image  of  your  alias  and  it doesn't  appear to have a space in it. So  i don't  know have you tried editing your  account in simbrief  and putting  in another  alias name making  sure you don't  put  a space in it, or  you  could  retype your original alias name in again

Murf

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2024, 11:20:56 pm »
it  doesn't matter  if  your  name  has  a space  in  it, what  matters that your alias  hasn't a  space  in it, had a look at your image  of  your  alias  and  it doesn't  appear to have a space in it. So  i don't  know have you tried editing your  account in simbrief  and putting  in another  alias name making  sure you don't  put  a space in it, or  you  could  retype your original alias name in again

Yep... tried both of those... absolutely no difference!!

I think this is what Umberto was referring to from my log.... 
https://www.simbrief.com/api/xml.fetcher.php?username=Brian Murphy
Exception1 = URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL

Unless there is something else in the log he is referring to that I don't see.....
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 11:22:46 pm by Murf »

pete_auau

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2024, 11:44:08 pm »

Yep... tried both of those... absolutely no difference!!

Ok  the  only  thing  i can  think off  is  that  when you  have  typed  your  alias into  the  gsx settings(not  your simbrief acount) you may have  entered  a space

I think this is what Umberto was referring to from my log.... 
https://www.simbrief.com/api/xml.fetcher.php?username=Brian Murphy
Exception1 = URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL

Unless there is something else in the log he is referring to that I don't see.....

pete_auau

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2024, 11:46:32 pm »
refer to  the  manual about  simbrief intergration

Murf

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2024, 03:25:53 pm »

Thanks.... that helped!!! Not a bit!!!   >:( ::)

But I got it figured out anyway

Update: Operation back to normal... Thanks for all the help!!   :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 05:00:24 pm by Murf »

pete_auau

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2024, 02:25:21 am »

Thanks.... that helped!!! Not a bit!!!   >:( ::)

But I got it figured out anyway

Update: Operation back to normal... Thanks for all the help!!   :)

so  whats  fixed it  so others  that may  have  the  same  issues   will helped  them :)

Murf

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2024, 03:49:17 pm »
so  whats  fixed it  so others  that may  have  the  same  issues   will helped  them :)

Something stupidly simple!!! Essentially ME!!!  ;D ::) :P

Basically terminology, and old age.  :o  When I initially set up GSX, I had input my simbrief ACTUAL username, and not the "Alias (username)"... then couldn't figure out how to get back into the GSX settings to change it. It FINALLY dawned on me that you have to get to the GSX settings by actually having to start up the sim... DUH!!!!  :o ::)

I can take an airplane apart and put it back together like new... but when it comes to computer programs... I am not too sharpe!!  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2024, 11:31:11 pm »
When I initially set up GSX, I had input my simbrief ACTUAL username, and not the "Alias (username)"...

Well, we tried our best to explain it in the manual. Quoting from Page 80:

SimBrief Integration

GSX has several features to integrate itself with SimBrief, a very popular Flight Planning service offered by Navigraph. To configure it, just add your SimBrief “Alias” in the GSX Settings page. The Alias can be found by selecting the “My Account” section of the SimBrief website.

Then at Page 32, where Settings are explained:

SimBrief username

In this editing field, you can insert your SimBrief username, to enable SimBrief integration for various operations in GSX, like setting the Passenger Number automatically,
controlling the Refueling quantity, and have extra indication about the flight on the advanced VGDS systems, which support SimBrief integration.

The username you must type here is what is referenced in the SimBrief Account as the ALIAS. It cannot contain spaces. While if your Alias was created a while ago, so it might contain spaces, SimBrief doesn’t allow to create an Alias containing spaces anymore, so GSX conforms to this standard. If your existing SimBrief Alias contains
spaces, you need to edit on SimBrief account page to replace spaces with another character, for example an Underscore.

Murf

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2024, 03:52:04 am »
When I initially set up GSX, I had input my simbrief ACTUAL username, and not the "Alias (username)"...

Well, we tried our best to explain it in the manual. Quoting from Page 80:

SimBrief Integration

GSX has several features to integrate itself with SimBrief, a very popular Flight Planning service offered by Navigraph. To configure it, just add your SimBrief “Alias” in the GSX Settings page. The Alias can be found by selecting the “My Account” section of the SimBrief website.

Then at Page 32, where Settings are explained:

SimBrief username

In this editing field, you can insert your SimBrief username, to enable SimBrief integration for various operations in GSX, like setting the Passenger Number automatically,
controlling the Refueling quantity, and have extra indication about the flight on the advanced VGDS systems, which support SimBrief integration.

The username you must type here is what is referenced in the SimBrief Account as the ALIAS. It cannot contain spaces. While if your Alias was created a while ago, so it might contain spaces, SimBrief doesn’t allow to create an Alias containing spaces anymore, so GSX conforms to this standard. If your existing SimBrief Alias contains
spaces, you need to edit on SimBrief account page to replace spaces with another character, for example an Underscore.

No argument!! I must have read the very items a dozen times... and it just didn't click for some reason. I FINALLY had that AHAAAA moment... banged my head on the wall a few times telling myself what a thick headed dummy I can be sometimes.... and there we go.... issue taken care of!!!   :P ;)