Author Topic: [SU14 BETA] - Animations broken  (Read 2021 times)

Pirateinparadise

Re: [SU14 BETA] - Animations broken
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2023, 12:37:44 pm »
Umberto, I have always wondered, and this might be a good time to ask.

If we join an Asobo beta and notice that it causes an issue with GSX (or any other FSDT product) we as users have two options:
  • Say nothing. We should assume that FSDT has people trying the betas so, we should not waste each other's time reporting issues and hope that you catch and correct any anomalies we have seen before the actual release.
  • See something, say something. Yes, we know its a beta and that you don't support it. I've been tempted to post a comment about issues during betas but didn't for that reason. On the other hand, a beta is just an early release of something that is actually going to come along at some point, so by reporting issues on unsupported betas, we might give you a little more time for investigation before the release.

What is YOUR preference?
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2023, 01:25:19 pm »
Surely #1, since we clearly test all Betas and we keep two installs (Standard and Beta) always installed, so we can switch back and forth to test if the issues are really caused by the Beta or not and if we need to do something to adapt to it.

When we are supposed to do something to be compatible with an undergoing beta and this can released without causing issues to non-Beta users, we do it, but in this case there was just nothing we could do, and the animation bug is affecting lots of other products so, it's just a plain bug and it's so big, that it couldn't possibly go unnoticed.

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2023, 01:41:39 pm »
Aye Captain. We'll keep the powder dry.
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

sthienard

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2023, 03:18:19 pm »
Hi,
I'm usually connected to the FS2020 Beta channel and encountering multiple bugs since the last revision (not only with GSX Pro but much more widely with FS2020) I chose to temporarily leave the Beta channel in order to find the most stable simulator possible. GSX works perfectly on the stable release channel.
Have a good flight ✈

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2023, 08:55:38 pm »
The bug has been fixed in the new Beta which came out today. However, in general, I agree with the fact, if you just want to fly, it's probably best to not enroll in Betas.