Author Topic: [SU14 BETA] - Animations broken  (Read 2020 times)

mwyatt

[SU14 BETA] - Animations broken
« on: October 30, 2023, 09:37:06 pm »
Hi, just updated to the latest MSFS2020 version today,(Monday 30th Oct 2023), since then the people animation does not work, they just glide over the ground.
Version is now 1.35.13.0
I have GSX and GSX2 and GSX Pro fully updated.
Also the pushback tug is at rightangles to the aircraft.
Am I missing something ??
Seems to affect all people, inside the terminal just glide along as well.
Situation is Airbus320 at Guernsey, EGJB, Stand 3, prepare for pushback.
Recent Log attached, if it is useful.
Martin.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 08:35:06 am by mwyatt »

disco79stu

Re: [SU14 BETA] - Animations broken
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 11:51:27 pm »
By "update" you probably mean the SU14 beta.
Betas are generally not supported (from what I have heard) but maybe we'll get an GSX update at some point.
For now I would stay away from the beta version...

rsaberi

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 03:32:56 am »
Yeah SU14 has messed up GSX Pro badly. I am sure there will be a fix and the changes in Sim may actually be good for GSX Pro!?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 10:13:43 am »
Most GSX animations are broken in SU14 BETA.

We are looking into this, but couldn't find any obvious reason or something we are supposed to change, so it really looks like a Beta bug.

This seems to be confirmed by the fact it doesn't affect just GSX, even FSLTL AI animations are reported to be broken:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fsltl-animations-broken-of-ai-airplanes/614682?u=umberto67

We'll surely report this to Asobo and, in the meantime, I suggest everybody using the SU14 Beta to Vote the two threads on MS Forum ( the FSLTL thread and the GSX thread ), to be further sure it gets noticed.

In the meantime, I suggest **not** upgrade to SU14 for the time being.

FerrevmVnion

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 10:32:28 am »
Hi,

since installing the SU14 i think GSX doesnt work correctly anymore.... the Jetways "Hood" dont connect, the VDGS remaining black and doenst work anymore .... happend on 3 Airports today... EDDM, EDDB, EDDH .....

Think Asobo/MS broke something ....

cheeslerj

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2023, 12:17:42 pm »
Is there something still I could do to fix this? In a nutshell; all animations (vehicle, people etc) are not working. People "levitate", marshaller stands still, VDGS doesn't activate, vehicles "levitate" as well. I already re-installed GSX completely. This happens at multiple airports so it isn't only at a certain one.

Has anyone experienced this and could help?

Thanks

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2023, 12:24:25 pm »
Are you by chance on the SU14 beta. Seems a lot of people who had the issue were running the beta.
Captain Kevin

cheeslerj

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2023, 05:57:35 pm »
Welp, there we go, that'd be it. Thank you for the info. Sadly I do not dare to step out of the beta as last time I did that, the whole sim disappeared...

zayixang

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2023, 03:27:12 am »
I encountered the same issue too, testing version SU14

zayixang

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2023, 03:31:43 am »
I am using the latest version 2.8.2 of GSX PRO, and the Microsoft Flight Simulator testing version SU14, with version number 1.35.13.0. I have noticed that many people are experiencing the same issue as me. Please update the version as soon as possible to fix the problem. Thank you.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2023, 05:03:42 am »
You understand what a BETA is, right? Given that it isn't just GSX that has this issue, that's something that Asobo needs to fix with the simulator.
Captain Kevin

zayixang

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2023, 06:06:46 am »
Thank you!

ArslanTuregun

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2023, 04:13:09 pm »
For me any GSX update at the moment might be a waste of time. We are not sure yet what Asobo will break next with their endless updates.
I actually enjoy watching floating people getting on and off  ;D

bobbywhite

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2023, 04:15:15 pm »
Getting some pink personnel on tarmac, not all, along with certain lights on certain vehicles.  Also, when personnel move, there feet do not move, its like they are gliding on the surface.  Finally, the tow truck does not line up properly to the aircraft and moves side ways when pushing the air craft.

I uninstalled GSX, looked for the %App% file, there was now, reinstalled, getting same results.  My internet speed is set at download at 942.09mbps and upload at.941.10mbps so I don't think it is my connection.

Any suggestions??? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2023, 08:29:46 am »
For me any GSX update at the moment might be a waste of time. We are not sure yet what Asobo will break next with their endless updates.

Your mistake here is you are confusing "SU14 Beta update" with "GSX update". No "GSX update" has anything to do with your problem. The SU14 Beta update, instead, has broken LOTS of other add-ons at the same time, like AIG, FLSTL, and many others.

If you fear that untested updates can "break things", just don't sign up for MSFS Betas.