Author Topic: GSX Vehicles Animation Stuttering  (Read 10205 times)

Eziocin

Re: GSX Vehicles Animation Stuttering
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2023, 09:58:12 pm »
I have been having this issue for a while and today, just for troubleshooting purpouse, I removed all GSX profiles and the problem disappeared. tested at Inibuilds EGLL and Aerosoft EDDM. Put again the profiles in the GSX folder and the problem reappeared. What is the reason of this I don't know, but if this may help I am glad to share my feedback.
Bye

Ezio

SN737

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2023, 12:15:00 am »
I have been having this issue for a while and today, just for troubleshooting purpouse, I removed all GSX profiles and the problem disappeared. tested at Inibuilds EGLL and Aerosoft EDDM. Put again the profiles in the GSX folder and the problem reappeared. What is the reason of this I don't know, but if this may help I am glad to share my feedback.
Bye

Ezio

This didn't work for me, deleted all profiles, restarted Couatl and stutters persists.

RogePete

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2023, 09:41:56 am »
Bye

Ezio

That's why a asked in a previous post, how many profiles all of you have installed.
I have to do a bit more testing. But on the first look it seems you got something here. But I had many profiles in my gsx folder (~270). Also possible: it's not about the amount of profiles but the python files (*.py) that come with some profiles these days.

Eziocin

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2023, 09:56:21 am »
Bye

Ezio

That's why a asked in a previous post, how many profiles all of you have installed.
I have to do a bit more testing. But on the first look it seems you got something here. But I had many profiles in my gsx folder (~270). Also possible: it's not about the amount of profiles but the python files (*.py) that come with some profiles these days.

Interesting point about the python files. I didn't have time yesterday for further testing, but this evening I am going to try this: I have got the GSX profile for Inibuilds EGLL installed via the Inibuild Manager which installs also a .py file (and with these two installed I have huge stutters), and I want to remove them both and replace with a single GSX profile which I have been using for a long time before installing the Inibuilds one, and see what happens...I will report back

Ezio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2023, 02:57:06 am »
But it still leaves us with the question, why your (presumably nearly similar) system isn't lagging and ours do. I'd like to find the reason, which would bring us a bit further to solve the issue.

You are making it sound as if mine was the only one "not lagging", which clearly can't be the case, otherwise, if mine was a rarity, we would have way more reports by now, not just the exact 12 users who posted in this thread.

So, the real question should be, what's causing this with so few systems? Even assuming only 1 user out of 10 would report it here, it's still a tiny minority of the user base so, either we should assume that most people don't care, or is really not that common.

I have no idea why I don't have stutters and how could I? Usually, you investigate a problem you have but, how do you investigate a problem you don't have?

There's nothing special in my system, it's Windows 10, my installation is not clean by any means, it's full of stuff and hasn't been reinstalled in 2 years at least. The programs that start with MSFS are, in my case:

FSUIPC7
FenixBootstrapper
FSRealistic
Navigraph Simlink

I'm not using an AI traffic product, and I don't have many sceneries installed other than our own.

Maybe you can start with that: try disabling ALL your add-ons, and leave just GSX: do you see a difference?

steveduemila

« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2023, 09:05:42 am »
[

I'm not using an AI traffic product, and I don't have many sceneries installed other than our own.

Maybe you can start with that: try disabling ALL your add-ons, and leave just GSX: do you see a difference?
[/quote]

No, no difference.............

RogePete

« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2023, 12:23:43 pm »
if mine was a rarity, we would have way more reports by now, not just the exact 12 users who posted in this thread.

Well, I understand that you can't reproduce it. But on the other hand you sound like the problem is just a tiny one. Regarding the amount of people that don't care, don't recognize, don't use forums, don't use GSX, 12 people are a lot here. And you should also mention that there are continuously complaints about stuttering in the GSX discord too. So this is not only a minor problem with a few people. I'm trying to be constructive here and find the reason. You comments don't make it easy to stay motivated. It would also help your product, if we would find something. I would appreciate a bit less negativity.

BTW: the only difference (addition) in 3rd party software I'm running - in comparison to you -  is FSLTL. Don't run Fenix and FSRealistic and only occasionally run Navigraph Simlink or FBW SimBridge. And as the above poster said: no difference when turning them off.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 12:34:04 pm by RogePete »

RogePete

« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2023, 12:28:42 pm »
Bye

Ezio

After some further testing I sadly can't confirm that this fixes it.  :(

merkonta

« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2023, 03:17:50 pm »

No:

Also completely cleared the community folder but the GSX files, used different locations, different planes - gave Couatl resource priority on task manager, un-installed and re-installed it and GSX - no changes at all.

Also in regards to the post from RogePete, I can only +1 on that one. The current approaches to solve the problem is really unmotivative as a customer. With every claim you kind of feel attacked and the urge to defend yourself and the product. Instead we just want to help and solve an issue together - there is no pointing fingers behind this.
I just want a proper running product! And who could better investigate a product and figure out what is affecting it and holding it back from running smooth than the maker?
In regards to the question how to investigate a problem you don't have: get information from affected customers, ask questions, ask for data, maybe ask for remote access to a affected machine or what so ever - there is so much which could be done instead of just leaning back and defending yourself and your product. Having not understood the problem does also mean you cannot exclude your product from being the issue for sure.
And calling 1 out of 10 users a minority - come on man that's a damn joke and the worst comparison you could have taken. Imagine one of 10 cars delivered out there in the world explode after turning it on for the first time or the state just takes 10% of your daily income because 1 share out of 10 is not much right?... 10% is a huge percentage when it gets down usability and reliability.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2023, 07:36:48 pm »
And calling 1 out of 10 users a minority - come on man that's a damn joke and the worst comparison you could have taken. Imagine one of 10 cars delivered out there in the world explode after turning it on for the first time or the state just takes 10% of your daily income because 1 share out of 10 is not much right?... 10% is a huge percentage when it gets down usability and reliability.

How you could have possibly misunderstood that SO BADLY? I'll explain it again:

- Only 12 people have posted here.

- "1 out of 10" means I was generous and assumed that only 1 out of 10 who HAVE THIS PROBLEM are reporting it here, so I'm conceding that we might have about 100 users with this problem.

And 100 users, about several tens of thousands users, it's really a tiny minority, well under 1% of the total user base.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 07:58:44 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2023, 07:39:13 pm »
. But I had many profiles in my gsx folder (~270). Also possible: it's not about the amount of profiles but the python files (*.py) that come with some profiles these days.

Airport profiles, no matter if they are .INI or .PY files, are read only when you enter an airport, and never again during operation so no, no matter of many you have, the worse they could do, is they might delay a bit the appearance of the GSX menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2023, 08:12:29 pm »

Do these profiles add lots of VGDS? That's the only thing that, just because a profile loads, could affect performances, because by default, all VGDS are created as static objects, then the one for your parking will get activated when you activate the parking in GSX.

While the static version is highly optimized, with a fairly low visible range, so it should affect fps too much, IT IS an extra Simobject, and we know the total number of Simobjects in the sim can affect Simconnect adversely, and GSX depends completely by Simconnect being responsive so, even if the number might not be high enough to trigger disappearances or generic Simconnect/Navdata errors, it might be enough to cause stuttering, especially on such large airports.

Which is why, a while ago, we added an option in the DETAILS page of the profile, where you can Disable the creation of the static VGDS so, only the one in the active parking will be added, instead of possibly many dozens.

You can try placing the profiles back, but set the option to Disable the static VGDS, restart Couatl there, and see if you see any benefit.

Another thing in the profile that might affect performance, are long passenger walking paths because, the longer the path, the more passengers will be created at once, since they are removed only when the path ends. But of course, this would only be an issues if you ARE on these WALK-IN parking position. Unlike VGDS, which are created when entering the airport (unless you disable them), walk-in paths won't affect performance if you are not in one of those gates and call passengers.

SN737

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2023, 08:49:03 pm »
Tried with community folder empty. Only running pmdg 737, FSUIPC and navigraph simlink. Stutters persist. What bothers me the most, apart from all gsx vehicles stuttering, are the pushback trucks stuttering which makes my aircraft stutter when pushing back. I could live with all other vehicles stuttering but not with the one that makes my AC a stutter fest.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 09:05:14 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2023, 09:07:14 pm »
Tried with community folder empty. Only running pmdg 737, FSUIPC and navigraph simlink. Stutters persist

That's not community empty. Empty means empty. Try GSX and nothing else. PMDG is ok since I always try it first.

And, please clarify if you use Windows 10 or 11, and if you tried my previous suggestion of removing the Windows 8 compatibility flag for the Couatl64_MSFS.EXE.

SN737

« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2023, 09:49:17 pm »
Tried with community folder empty. Only running pmdg 737, FSUIPC and navigraph simlink. Stutters persist

That's not community empty. Empty means empty. Try GSX and nothing else. PMDG is ok since I always try it first.

And, please clarify if you use Windows 10 or 11, and if you tried my previous suggestion of removing the Windows 8 compatibility flag for the Couatl64_MSFS.EXE.
Yeap, the one that was empty was Community Addon Linker, just tried with empty community now also (moved, aig-aitraffic-effects, aig-aitraffic-modelbehavior, fsltl-traffic-injector, fsuipc-lvar-module, mobiflight-event-module, navigraph-navdata and navigraph-navdata-base to another folder) except PMDG 737 and disabled windows 8 compatibility. Vehicles stutters persist unfortunately. I'm on Windows 11 Pro v.23H2