Author Topic: GSX Vehicles Animation Stuttering  (Read 10113 times)

glc100o

Re: GSX Vehicles Animation Stuttering
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2023, 07:17:14 pm »
For what its worth I also have bad stuttering of the GSX vehicles and the same
KB5031904 with my Windows 10 installation.
Not sure when it started, but this stuttering issue was not present in the more remote past.

Greg

merkonta

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2023, 02:33:25 am »
Having the same stuttering issue - occurred for the first time in early November, after several flights I got frustrated and didn't touch it in the hope upcoming updates would fix it. Well neither the MSFS, nor GSX, further Windows or NVIDIA Driver updates did. So no idea what to do anymore to make it usable again  :'(
According to my System I'm running on KB5032907 with my WIN10 install.

Also completely cleared the community folder but the GSX files, used different locations, different planes - gave Couatl resource priority on task manager, un-installed and re-installed it and GSX - no changes at all. The animations of the passengers boarding, or de-boarding as well as the movements of all vehicles is just stuttery

Spec.:

7800x3D
32GB DDR6 @6000MHz
RTX3080

sas407

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2023, 04:31:17 pm »
I have exactly the same stuttering issue which I think started in October, canĀ“t say exactly when, also tried running only GSX with empty community folder except for GSX but still stuttering of all vehicles.

Spec:
Windows 10
I7 10700K
64GB DDR4
RTX 3090 ROG STRIX

The MSFS itself is running very smoothly without stuttering on my system with for example PMDG 737 and addon payware airports, the only stuttering is the GSX vehicles themself during the drive to and from the aircraft

Niclas

merkonta

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2023, 04:58:54 pm »
Seems like it can be really pinned down to Windows 10 users only - or is anybody experiencing those issues with win11 as well?

Ellmer123

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2023, 06:02:45 pm »
I want to add that it's not only every vehicle that stutters, but also the 3d animated people walking. The only exception seems to be the people loading catering from the catering trucks, from what I,ve observed they don't seem to stutter at all while walking between the truck and the aircraft. Is anyone else having the same issue or is it only the vehicles?

ycristia

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2023, 06:36:45 pm »
Seems like it can be really pinned down to Windows 10 users only - or is anybody experiencing those issues with win11 as well?

Nope, I'm on Win11 with same issues.

merkonta

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2023, 06:55:22 pm »
I want to add that it's not only every vehicle that stutters, but also the 3d animated people walking. The only exception seems to be the people loading catering from the catering trucks, from what I,ve observed they don't seem to stutter at all while walking between the truck and the aircraft. Is anyone else having the same issue or is it only the vehicles?

Same - all people walking are affected from stuttering but the catering guys and also the guys loading the baggage from the trailer on the loader and vice versa. They having smooth animations.

SN737

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2023, 09:58:54 pm »

Nope, I'm on Win11 with same issues.

Me 2, windows 11, same stutters in all vehicles.

merkonta

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2023, 12:00:44 am »
Tinkered around a bit today and observed the animations - it seems that only vehicles and persons with variable movement paths are affected.

Not affected by stuttering:

>> The service workers bringing in and out the beverage trolleys
>> The ramp agents loading and unloading the luggage from/onto the belt vehicle
>> The Marshaller when arriving - also the Gangnam Style dance he does from time to time after a good parking is completely free of any stuttering

Those guys are being spawned in a certain location and always execute the same walking path - I think there is no variable in there.

Affected by stuttering:

>> passengers when boarding / de-boarding
>> crew when boarding / de-boarding
>> The ramp agent connecting/disconnecting the gear pin and walking with the plane during push back
>> the tug itself, while it is getting to the plane and also during the push back and driving back to the gate
>> all service vehicles arriving the plane and when leaving it again

My impression after above observations is, that every animation which is somehow related to following a path which is not always the same is affected from the stuttering.
Animations which are "default" - no idea how to describe it better in englisch sorry - its not my first language - and are just "replayed" every time are smooth.

My knowledge in IT is limited but this does not seem to my like a GPU driver issue, CPU overload or something hardware related - in that case all animations would stutter the same.
Can anyone confirm above observations?

ycristia

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2023, 12:34:14 am »
Tinkered around a bit today and observed the animations - it seems that only vehicles and persons with variable movement paths are affected.

Not affected by stuttering:

>> The service workers bringing in and out the beverage trolleys
>> The ramp agents loading and unloading the luggage from/onto the belt vehicle
>> The Marshaller when arriving - also the Gangnam Style dance he does from time to time after a good parking is completely free of any stuttering

Those guys are being spawned in a certain location and always execute the same walking path - I think there is no variable in there.

Affected by stuttering:

>> passengers when boarding / de-boarding
>> crew when boarding / de-boarding
>> The ramp agent connecting/disconnecting the gear pin and walking with the plane during push back
>> the tug itself, while it is getting to the plane and also during the push back and driving back to the gate
>> all service vehicles arriving the plane and when leaving it again

My impression after above observations is, that every animation which is somehow related to following a path which is not always the same is affected from the stuttering.
Animations which are "default" - no idea how to describe it better in englisch sorry - its not my first language - and are just "replayed" every time are smooth.

My knowledge in IT is limited but this does not seem to my like a GPU driver issue, CPU overload or something hardware related - in that case all animations would stutter the same.
Can anyone confirm above observations?

Yes, it's the same for me and everyone having this issue. It is not a hardware issue. It's something that GSX has to fix.

RogePete

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2023, 06:35:09 am »
Yeah, exactly the same for me too. As we are still fishing in muddy waters here, one question out if interest:

How many GSX profiles do you have in your profile folder? Cause I have a lot.

steveduemila

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2023, 08:35:16 am »
Yeah, exactly the same for me too. As we are still fishing in muddy waters here, one question out if interest:

How many GSX profiles do you have in your profile folder? Cause I have a lot.
I have 62 profiles............

aceridgey

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2023, 03:18:05 pm »
Same issues for me, i thought this was just a GSX feature.. Very stuttery pushbacks

(is it smoother on default / asobo aircraft?)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2023, 03:30:39 pm »
I mean, programs need to be compatible with OS, not the other way around. Hopefully GSX devs can figure out something.

That's precisely the wrong approach to a problem: if a Windows update has a bug that caused problems to a program that worked fine before, it's Microsoft that should fix it, and in fact that what usually happens when a Windows update cause problems to any 3rd party program/games, and this happens.

We surely can't fix Windows updates, you might have had a point if Windows had major changes that would require ALL developers to fix or change something in their code, but if this happens (an intentional breaking change in Windows, not just a Windows update bug), they alert developers very well in advance, with clear instructions how to deal with this.

But that's not even the point: the "developers" Microsoft should alert about this, are Asobo, not even us, because as far as Simobjects movements are concerned, we only interact with the simulator through Simconnect, it's the simulator that will then eventually interact with Windows so, if because of a Windows KB update, Simconnect has become less responsive or it introduced some extra lag, IF this is not a KB update bug and it CAN be fixed, it can only be fixed by Asobo, if possible.

But that's not even the point too: I DO have KB5031904 installed in Windows 10, and all the multiple videos I posted to show I have no stuttering vehicles, were all made after October 26th, when the KB5031904 came out.

So no, it's not the Windows update that caused a problem per-se, at best it's system-dependent.

I'll try to explain it more clearly, so you should understand that there's not much we can do on our side we haven't done already to prevent this:

Simconnect is like a "metronome" for GSX: EVERY movement or animation that happens in GSX, is based on Simconnect CALLING GSX, not the opposite way around, if Simconnect "forgets" to call GSX for 1 second for any reason (os issue, too many addons, hardware issues, anything), you WILL see all GSX objects stopping for 1 seconds, that's it.

And no, before somebody would suggest "can't you run your own clock instead of relying on Simconnect calling back", this won't change much because, if we reversed the task of who's the "metronome", since in that case GSX would have to always call Simconnect back (to set the variables to animate/move things), even if GSX internal timing was 100% steady, if Simconnect is laggin on getting our data back, it will be exactly the same: if Simconnect is lagging for any reason, there's just nothing we can do to prevent that.

Because, again, it's the sim and Simconnect that are directly related to the relationship with Windows itself and the simulator's own engine. Other than sending commands to Simconnect, and trying not sending them too many at once, there's nothing else we can do, other than HOPING Simconnect is not lagging, and if the lag is caused by a Windows update, there's just nothing we can do, the only ones that can fix that are either Asobo (assuming they CAN), or the Windows team who made the update.

RogePete

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2023, 06:32:50 pm »
I'm with you Umberto.
But it still leaves us with the question, why your (presumably nearly similar) system isn't lagging and ours do. I'd like to find the reason, which would bring us a bit further to solve the issue.