Author Topic: GSX Vehicles Animation Stuttering  (Read 9948 times)

Ellmer123

Re: GSX Vehicles Animation Stuttering
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2023, 11:15:22 am »
Been having the same issue with gsx vehicles stuttering ever since I built my new pc in late October. I was first running on DX11 but later switched to DX12 with Frame generation on, which made no difference. I've been trying to solve the issue since it started but can't figure it out. It wasn't happening on my old pc. Whether 2.8.2 is the isssue I'm not sure because my last flight on my old pc was a few days after 2.8.2 had released. I can't remember for sure whether I had updated to 2.8.2, but I usually check gsx for updates via fsdt installer almost every day so there is a high possibility that I was running 2.8.2 without any issues. The stuttering happens with every aircraft I have tested so far: PMDG 737, Fenix A320 and FBW A320Neo. It happens at both default and addon scenery. I do recall the stuttering smoothening out or almost dissapearing completely when at heavy scenery where fps is closer to 30fps than the usual 40-60fps I get. If I'm correct this seems to point to SimConnect not being able to keep up or something like that. The next question is how can it be fixed then? I've seen plenty of people with similar or the same pc specs as mine running MSFS with GSX at the same fps with no problems. I also tried closing and uninstalling 3rd party software that uses SimConnect and also unplugging any peripherals that I felt might have been contributing. No difference. I have updated both the chipset drivers and the Nvidia drivers to no avail. The Nvidia drivers have had 2 or 3 updates since building my pc, none of them have made any difference. I don't really know how to check whether a windows uppdate is the problem or not.

My specs:
Ryzen 7 7800x3d
Nvidia RTX 4090 (MSI suprim x)
32GB G.Skill trident z5 neo rgb (EXPO not enabled, have tried enabled)
1TB Samsung nvme for Windows and a few other programs (gsx also on this drive)
2TB samsung nvme for flightsim and games
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo
Saitek rudder pedals
Asus MG278 2560x1440p @144hz
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 11:23:11 am by Ellmer123 »

RogePete

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2023, 12:53:08 pm »
The only thing I can think of is maybe GSX is not playing well with 4k resolution as this is what I'm currently using.

I'm on lower res than 4K and also have the problem. So exclude that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2023, 12:57:35 am »
If I'm correct this seems to point to SimConnect not being able to keep up or something like that.

It's possible. If your fps is too high, since animations are linked to the frame rate, the traffic over Simconnect might increase to the point it can't keep up with everything.

The next question is how can it be fixed then?

If this theory is correct in your case, just lock the fps at 30 and see if it improves.

SN737

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2023, 01:54:30 am »
And that's a very poor solution to the thousands of simmers like me that uses FG and DX12, I think you can do better.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 11:28:26 am by virtuali »

RogePete

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2023, 09:38:24 am »
This would also raise the question, why it was good some time ago and then appeared suddenly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2023, 11:32:02 am »
And that's a very poor solution to the thousands of simmers like me that uses FG and DX12, I think you can do better.

It was just to TEST if the problem in HIS case was caused by too high fps.

And no, FG doesn't have anything to do with this, the frames created by the video card are completely unknown to the simulator, which is easily verified by noticing the frame rate counter in the sim is not the one obtained due to FG, for which you need a frame counter that operates at the driver level to be visible.

RogePete

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2023, 10:22:46 am »
Hey Umberto,

I assume you had the ground vehicle acceleration (when far away) on in your video? (me too by the way, just want to be sure)

And could you try that with auto mode (automatic handling)?

(Just trying to find out what the reason is)

@everybody else: do you have anything running besides couatl engine (e.g. FSUIPC, some passenger simulation, FSLTL, etc. etc.)

Best wishes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2023, 12:52:42 pm »
I assume you had the ground vehicle acceleration (when far away) on in your video? (me too by the way, just want to be sure)

Yes, of course but, even if I didn't, the vehicles acceleration option doesn't work by increasing the frequency of Simconnect calls made to move the vehicles but, instead, it just changes the distance they move at each frame so, it won't many any difference.

RogePete

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2023, 07:37:29 am »
Yeah, I'm not thinking about simconnect as the only possible cause for this. I try to see what could be different in general.

ycristia

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2023, 04:10:07 am »
Yeah, I'm not thinking about simconnect as the only possible cause for this. I try to see what could be different in general.

Have you by any chance been able to figure out the culprit?

RogePete

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2023, 11:37:02 am »
Not yet. I need some feedback to find out what's common on system who have the stutters.

@everybody else: do you have anything running besides couatl engine (e.g. FSUIPC, some passenger simulation, FSLTL, etc. etc.)

One reason could be some graphic settings. Another reason could be simconnect issues. Don't know yet.

Alex871

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2023, 01:29:55 am »
This is occurring in P3D as well. Pushback also stutters along with the aircraft as its moving.

ycristia

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2023, 04:32:55 am »
This is occurring in P3D as well. Pushback also stutters along with the aircraft as its moving.

Yeah I sadly unlinked GSX from the sim and am just using Pushback Helper until something else comes along or GSX finds a fix. Let's see.

steveduemila

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2023, 10:54:10 am »
Hi to all,
first of all i keep notes of every single operation on my pc, included changes of drivers, windows update and so on.
Then after a lot of tests in 2 pc i am pretty sure the the cause of this issue is the windows upadte KB5031904 and .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 e 4.8.1 on windows 10.
If i use GSX version 2.8.8 but in a pc that have KB5031224 and .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 e 4.8.1 the problem does not appear.
My two cents.

ycristia

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2023, 04:01:40 pm »
Hi to all,
first of all i keep notes of every single operation on my pc, included changes of drivers, windows update and so on.
Then after a lot of tests in 2 pc i am pretty sure the the cause of this issue is the windows upadte KB5031904 and .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 e 4.8.1 on windows 10.
If i use GSX version 2.8.8 but in a pc that have KB5031224 and .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 e 4.8.1 the problem does not appear.
My two cents.

So if this is the case, then doesn't GSX have to find a fix? I mean, programs need to be compatible with OS, not the other way around. Hopefully GSX devs can figure out something.