Author Topic: no sound after the latest update  (Read 3024 times)

pinolo1978

Re: no sound after the latest update
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2023, 01:55:04 am »
Meaning what? what should I do? couatl starts with the simulator, I don't change any audio source, only if I enter/exit/re-enter vr mode, the audio stops working but at the beginning it works and this has been happening for not a long time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2023, 10:49:00 pm »
GSX doesn't support audio devices that change during the flight. Now, it would be useful to know, if you exit from VR mode, is the headeset device still selectable if you Restart Couatl and check again the audio page?

pinolo1978

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2023, 09:00:31 pm »
I had already tried it other times and yes, it showed me. Anyway, if you remind me where to find the right log I'll send it to you.

pinolo1978

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2023, 01:28:32 pm »
I also have the error file if it can be useful, however if I close couatl and restart it, the audio comes back but then disappears again when I switch from vr to tv

yssy19

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2023, 08:31:53 am »
I've got the same issue - GSX audio had always previously worked after waking up VR headset but since the update 2.82 it's no longer worked.

For reference I also use Voicemeeter Banana and never had issues prior to the update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2023, 09:59:10 am »
I've got the same issue - GSX audio had always previously worked after waking up VR headset but since the update 2.82 it's no longer worked.

What is your windows language? Also, please post your startup log.

yssy19

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2023, 10:49:53 am »
Windows language is English (Australia).

"Hello captain, we are ready for pushback" came through the audio, woke headset up and the audio stopped working from that point onwards, yet I could see the MSFS text messages and see the same messages in the log.

Appreciate your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2023, 10:07:36 am »
Windows language is English (Australia).

That's makes 100% sure it's not related to GSX. And in fact, I don't see any errors in your log, all your audio devices are recognized correctly (sometimes they aren't, with non-Western language Windows), so it seems like a problem with your headset not initializing correctly after waking up from power saving.

We have some code to prevent exactly this, because some headsets have this problem (it's in their drivers), so to prevent that, there's a silent sound being played constantly in the background but, apparently this is not enough with your headset to prevent that problem.

Check if you can disable the power saving or standby feature in the headset drivers.

yssy19

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2023, 10:06:35 am »
Yeah I've tried disabling the power saving checkbox for the VR headset but unfortunately the issue persists.

It's weird because sound (including GSX audio) is playing through the headset even when it's asleep, but when I wake the headset up just before pushback, the audio continues to work for every other running program except for GSX.

All I know is that the issue did not exist prior to v 2.8.2.

I'll keep troubleshooting and see if I can get it to work somehow.

pinolo1978

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2023, 11:31:32 am »
Yeah I've tried disabling the power saving checkbox for the VR headset but unfortunately the issue persists.

It's weird because sound (including GSX audio) is playing through the headset even when it's asleep, but when I wake the headset up just before pushback, the audio continues to work for every other running program except for GSX.

I'll keep troubleshooting and see if I can get it to work somehow.
by "power saving checkbox" do you mean the sleep timer on mixed reality? that is, what are you asking if you want to let windows manage it, 5/10/20 minutes etc? or is there any other timer? However, I also tried them all, even removing the audio enhancement from Windows and the audio control from Realtek but nothing, after a while the audio disappears and only by restarting Couatl does it work again. I don't know which viewer you use but I think I understand that the problem is somehow linked to mixed reality and its standby.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2023, 02:13:01 am »

Did you used the same headset before, or you didn't because it wasn't possibly to split main audio and communications to different devices ?

yssy19

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2023, 07:48:15 am »
by "power saving checkbox" do you mean the sleep timer on mixed reality? that is, what are you asking if you want to let windows manage it, 5/10/20 minutes etc? or is there any other timer? However, I also tried them all, even removing the audio enhancement from Windows and the audio control from Realtek but nothing, after a while the audio disappears and only by restarting Couatl does it work again. I don't know which viewer you use but I think I understand that the problem is somehow linked to mixed reality and its standby.

No, I meant in the driver settings. I still have my headset set to fall asleep after 3 minutes as if it's left running in the background it can burn out the lens and it also uses up a lot of VRAM (MSFS starts stuttering if the headset isn't asleep and I'm in 2D mode).

You're right I think in that it's an issue with mixed reality however I never had this issue prior to there being 3 audio options available in GSX. And you're correct in that restarting Couatl makes the audio work again, just not sure why waking up the headset all of sudden now cuts the audio out completely when every other product I use has no issue with it.

Did you used the same headset before, or you didn't because it wasn't possibly to split main audio and communications to different devices ?

Have always used the same headset. Prior to the update I had "VAIO 3" selected as my audio output in GSX (which is a virtual output through Voicemeeter, which comprises of my speakers and headset). Since the update I've still had "VAIO 3" selected as the output for all 3 options in GSX but now whenever the headset changes state the audio no longer works for GSX unless I restart it.

pinolo1978

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2023, 11:10:21 pm »
yes everything was working for me too but suddenly the problem started without having touched anything at all. the only 2 that suffer from it are gsx and passenger2, no problem with self loading cargo, fsatc chatter, simsound and simhaptics. the only thing I noticed is that only the addons installed on C,D,E etc suffer from it and instead those that they are simply exe, no problem. However, I didn't understand what the driver setting is, where can I find it?

yssy19

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2023, 12:17:19 am »
However, I didn't understand what the driver setting is, where can I find it?

Go to Device Manager > Mixed Reality devices > Double click your headset > Power Management tab > Uncheck the first box

It's not really going to matter anyway, it still doesn't solve the issue