Author Topic: Can’t install GSX for love nor money  (Read 1131 times)

BradSoanes

Can’t install GSX for love nor money
« on: October 24, 2023, 03:39:44 pm »
Hi all,

I’m slowly pulling my hair out, I can’t install GSX for love or money, I have done a fresh reinstall of my whole PC, I have reformatted all of my hard drives, I have installed windows 11 upgrading from windows 10 to try and get it to work.

Windows defender off.
No other antivirus.
Running as admin.

I’m running out of options and simply pulling my hair out… I have been through all the forums and tried everything that has been suggested…

It starts the install then gets to folder 5 and stops at 42-44% every single time…

At this rate I might just have to give up on the idea of using it ☹️

Thanks for taking the time to read and I really hope someone can help.

Regards,
Brad 😊

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can’t install GSX for love nor money
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 04:01:56 pm »
It starts the install then gets to folder 5 and stops at 42-44% every single time…

You mean the initial download of the 5th ZIP FILE always stops? Do you see any error messages? If yes, which ones ?

BradSoanes

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 09:44:34 pm »
Hi Virtuali,

Yes that is correct it always stops at the 5th zip file, no error messages it just simply doesnt move past that state... I have allowed all of the folders through the firewall etc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 09:50:22 pm »
Yes that is correct it always stops at the 5th zip file, no error messages it just simply doesnt move past that state... I have allowed all of the folders through the firewall etc

First, I suggest just WAITING. The progress bar is not always progressing at the same speed, which doesn't mean the download is really stuck, you might just have to wait more. If you are sure it's stuck, try removing this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\PackagesCache

And try again. If that doesn't work, try clearing your browser cache. And, check how much space you have on the C: drive, exhausting it while the download is undergoing might cause this as well.

BradSoanes

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2023, 12:52:44 am »
Great thanks, I will do this now and leave it overnight to download and see where we are in the morning :)

BradSoanes

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2023, 12:10:07 pm »
After 11 hours 8 minutes with all of the recommendations provided... still no luck :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 09:08:08 pm »
After 11 hours 8 minutes with all of the recommendations provided... still no luck :(

Well, at least you might be happy to have set a record, since a time as long as yours has never been heard before. The problem is, today we released a fairly large update so, with all people downloading it, it might be even worse than before.

I can only suggest to keep waiting.