Author Topic: GSX window not opening after sim start (just quickly flashing open/close)  (Read 7062 times)

airbumps

Re: GSX window not opening after sim start (just quickly flashing open/close)
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2024, 11:28:56 am »
Hi Umberto,

It appears that's what the log has shown a number of times - I'm just describing what behavior is being exhibited in the sim. I can keep attaching logs but based on what you've said they seem to show the same behaviour.

I don't believe its a sim object limit as some of the airports I'm seeing the issue occur at are small and without AI Traffic.

I hope the issue can be found. Its a little frustrating.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2024, 12:45:25 pm »
I'm just describing what behavior is being exhibited in the sim.

The issue is, the log should have recorded you opening the menu and eventually the menu closing down with a choice, a timeout or even not closing down. Instead, is not even registering, you tried to open the menu in the first place.

And that is precisely why I'm quite sure your issue is related to Simconnect communication because, in order for GSX to register you opened the Toolbar menu, it requires GSX being able to read some variables set by the menu code, and they are read using standard Simconnect calls, so I can't see any reason, other than a problem with Simconnect itself for not being able to communicate.

It's not as if GSX is crashing it's just prevented from communicating with the sim or, at least, the part related to reading the variable the menu surely sets.

I don't believe its a sim object limit as some of the airports I'm seeing the issue occur at are small and without AI Traffic.

That's just the most common case, and the airport you are in doesn't really matter, because ALL AI counts towards the limit, that includes the ones in the "AI reality bubble", which is about 30 nm around the airport so, you might still have lots of AI counting towards the max Simobject limit, as long there's a busy airport close enough.

But again, the max Simobject limit is not the only reason why the communication might have stopped, another possible cause is another add-on sending too many commands through Simconnect that MSFS can't keep up with all of them so, a first test might be disabling every addon that is using Simconnect and leave GSX only, to verify this theory.

zebraleet

« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2024, 06:11:53 pm »
For me this happens at multiple airports with AI traffic turned off, and only a restart of Couatl fixes it. I will try to attach a log when it happens again if it cannot be reproduced on your side

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2024, 11:04:47 pm »
only a restart of Couatl fixes it. I will try to attach a log when it happens again if it cannot be reproduced on your side

It's important the log is take before a restart, since it might include important data about the problem.