Author Topic: Vehicle Parking AFCAD  (Read 1071 times)

MD-82

Vehicle Parking AFCAD
« on: October 05, 2023, 10:10:58 am »
Hello,

I am trying to force GSX to see my vehicle parkings. I have one vehicle parking (for catering) and 2 fuel type parkings. However, when I choose refueling or catering, the vehicles spawn somewhere else close to an airplane parking node, then correctly use my custom vehicle paths to reach the airplane. I will attach 3 pictures where you can see the AFCAD in ADE showing the 3 parking types, connected to the vehicle pathway system, together with MSFS Draw Debug also showing the correct parking type and connection to the vehicle path.

Any idea what I am missing?

Regards,

Xander

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Vehicle Parking AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2023, 12:31:34 pm »
However, when I choose refueling or catering, the vehicles spawn somewhere else close to an airplane parking node

Since you say "close" to an airplane parking, but not exactly there, seems to indicate you are having a parking conflict, as in another scenery adding its own parking spots to yours, but not the same positions, so the vehicle is starting from there.

Have you excluded all parking spots and taxiways and are you sure your scenery is getting a higher priority over any other scenery that might conflict with it?

Are you using GSX replacement jetways there? If yes, and you modified/moved any parking spots, you can't use GSX replacement jetway files, those might be the very reason of the conflict.

MD-82

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 11:10:24 am »
Hey Umberto,

well, I am running an AFCAD update to an existing scenery. On a new test yesterday I could confirm that the vehicles spawn exactly on a parking spot. I can also confirm that GSX is seeing my bgl, because the vehicles spawned on a parking spot I had modified by rotating it 90°. They spawned on this new initial heading instead of the original AFCAD's.
Also, I see the fuel parkings in the World Map of MSFS (not the vehicle parking) so I know MSFS is also seeing the updated BGL (MSFS also sees the added parkings and new naming conventions I used). So I know both MSFS and GSX are seeing my AFCAD. I did that as per your help in another post, by renaming my new compile "zzz-....".
As far as 3rd party jetways, this scenery was never recognised as having 3rd party jetways. Meaning, the airport does not appear in the 3 party airport list after a scan. Never did.

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2023, 11:17:07 am »
As far as 3rd party jetways, this scenery was never recognised as having 3rd party jetways. Meaning, the airport does not appear in the 3 party airport list after a scan. Never did.

Whether this is a problem or not, depends on:

- the original 3rd party scenery for the same airport had jetways to begin with. If the original scenery didn't have any jetways, there's no need to exclude a GSX replacement jetways file for it

- the package name of the 3rd party airport to exclude (assuming it came with jetways, so it must be excluded) must comply with the standard package naming convention to be found, otherwise it won't be detected, and must be added manually.

MD-82

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2023, 01:03:38 pm »
Umberto,

you are correct. Of all the sceneries I have from this developer, this particular airport is the only one with a non-standard naming convention. Browsing through the manual, I can't find how to manually add the airport BGL. Do you mind pointing me to the page, or posting here how to do that?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2023, 01:45:18 pm »
Just type the ICAO in the top-right search text area of the GSX Config page, then press Apply

MD-82

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2023, 02:08:33 pm »
Man .... TNCC isn't even in the list  ;D . I'm happy with the vehicles spawning on parking spots for now. But thank you for your help in trying to solve the issue.