Author Topic: Simbrief/GSXPro Intergration issues  (Read 1515 times)

56Simflyer

Simbrief/GSXPro Intergration issues
« on: October 01, 2023, 10:24:25 pm »
Hello everyone  :) for whatever reason not sure why, my simbrief id isn't recognized by GSXPro. It was working before. I've searched this forum for some possible fixes. I did find some discussions relating to this issue but didn't find anything specific. I know that I have to re-enter my Simbrief Id into GSXPro but I'm not sure how to this. Would greatly appreciate any guidance on how to achieve this.

Thank you,
56Simflyer

kingnorris

Re: Simbrief/GSXPro Intergration issues
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 12:02:35 am »
If you’re using the FBW A320 as I am, I had to reconnect simbrief. Using the Flypad, follow these steps: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/fbw-a32nx/feature-guides/simbrief/#setup-a32nx-simbrief-integration

56Simflyer

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 02:06:15 am »
Hi Kingnorris, thanks so much for responding. Actually I have the PMDG 737-800, I was able to expand the GSX menu where I was able to see the settings option. I then entered my Simbrief id and it seems to  be working now. I thinks something must've corrupted and caused GSX to unlink itself from my Simbrief account. Thanks you again  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 11:04:24 am »
I know that I have to re-enter my Simbrief Id into GSXPro but I'm not sure how to this.

GSX Manual, Page 32, the paragraph named "Simbrief Username", which is part of the chapter that explains all GSX Settings.

SimBrief username

In this editing field, you can insert your SimBrief username, to enable SimBrief integration for various operations in GSX, like setting the Passenger Number automatically, controlling the Refueling quantity, and have extra indication about the flight on the advanced VGDS systems, which support SimBrief integration.

The username you must type here is what is referenced in the SimBrief Account as the ALIAS.

It cannot contain spaces. While if your Alias was created a while ago, so it might contain spaces, SimBrief doesn’t allow to create an Alias containing spaces anymore, so GSX conforms to this standard. If your existing SimBrief Alias contains spaces, you need to edit on SimBrief account page to replace spaces with another character, for example an Underscore.

So, it must be your Username/Alias, which is a name, not the Pilot ID, which is a number.