Author Topic: Couatl keeps Loading after updating to 2.7.6  (Read 3743 times)

ashun

Re: Couatl keeps Loading after updating to 2.7.6
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2023, 12:20:31 pm »
same issue after SU13 update and new version of GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2023, 12:54:50 pm »
same issue after SU13 update and new version of GSX.

Please clarify if with "same issue", you mean just the menu stuck on loading, which has been confirmed by another user to be fixed by SU13, or something else, like an error message on start.

And, please provide your startup log according to the threat named "Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem":

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

With the error log produced by following the instructions in that thread.

Fragtality

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2023, 02:49:49 pm »
I have the same Issue (Menu keeps Loading) with 2.7.6 - both in SU12 and SU13.
Need to restart Couatl to make it work again.
(So when it crashes occasionally on Sim-Start and is restarted, the Menu works directly)

I'm currently experimenting with letting Couatl auto-start through FSUIPC (so it is loaded at a later Point). Could only do one quick Test, but looks like a Workaround.

Fragtality

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2023, 02:59:11 pm »
For completeness, the Addons in the exe.xml (same order):
- FS2Crew Command Center
- FS2Crew RAAS Pro MSFS
- Couatl
- FenixA320
- FSUIPC7

(state before I removed Couatl there to Auto-Start it through FSUIPC)

Richard1000

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2023, 06:35:12 pm »
I have just updated the sim and problem remains. Ever circling loading message in menu. Not helped by restarting countless
Richard

ibeam

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2023, 01:46:40 am »
For me the issue is fully repeatable.  Sim is updated to SU13 (no issues).  Couatl starts automatically (as usual) and is seen in the systray - in sim GSX menu just spins and does not load.  I exit Couatl, wait a bit and then restart it.  It again appears on the systray, however at this point when GSX menu is selected in the sim, it appears (showing the loading spin) and then immediatly disappears.  very strange.  SU13, GSX 2.7.6, FSUIPC 7.3.21
I'll keep trying.

dougjuk

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2023, 12:52:49 pm »
I agree to having the same issue.

The Couatl loads as it should at start of fight, but GSX menu just spins (loading)  I close Couatl and reload it and all works fine.

MS2020 up to date to SU13 and GSX on 2.7.6

regards

Doug

cconesa

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2023, 03:47:11 pm »
Once again, I reiterate my earlier post, since the arrival of the latest update, GSX goes into a never-ending loop loading the facilities, etc, until such time as one uses the icon in the taskbar to restart GSX and then the problem is solved and GSX loads normally.

Fragtality

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2023, 06:10:21 pm »
For me the issue is fully repeatable.  Sim is updated to SU13 (no issues).  Couatl starts automatically (as usual) and is seen in the systray - in sim GSX menu just spins and does not load.  I exit Couatl, wait a bit and then restart it.  It again appears on the systray, however at this point when GSX menu is selected in the sim, it appears (showing the loading spin) and then immediatly disappears.  very strange.  SU13, GSX 2.7.6, FSUIPC 7.3.21
I'll keep trying.

When you have FSUIPC (btw the Version is out-dated) you can start GSX via FSUIPC - works fine more as a Workaround!

Add this to your FSUIPC7.ini
Code: [Select]
[Programs]
RunIf1=READY,KILL,X:\PATH\TO\Addon Manager\couatl64\couatl64_MSFS.exe

Make sure you only have one [Programs] Section in your File. Also make sure the Number after RunIf is unique if you already have Entries there.
Obviously change the Path (and ensure it is correct) ;)

glc100o

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2023, 07:36:10 pm »
I have updated to SU13, updated to latest version of GSX Pro, and still have the GSX stuck on loading until I restart Coautl with the icon in the task manager.I also tried downloading the latest add manager and ran that.  Did not fix. Saw a beta version but undocumented, so did not try that download version of the add on manager.I downloaded the most recent addon manager not in beta.
In addition I get the error message uploaded below. I am using the MS store version of MSFS 2020.

glc100o

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2023, 07:52:38 pm »
Update: Installed  the beta version Add on manager recompiled for SU13 and issue remains unchanged.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2023, 11:08:56 am »
Update: Installed  the beta version Add on manager recompiled for SU13 and issue remains unchanged.

The error you posted in your screenshot doesn't have anything to do with this issue, it's caused by having the wrong path for the logfile in the Couatl_MSFS.ini and it's not even an error, it's a warning saying the program will log to its default folder instead of the one you specified, because the one you specified can't be accessed, and can be fixed by removing the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl_MSFS.INI file so a new correct one will be created from scratch.

About the other error on startup, we are working on a fix right now, the Beta Offline installer fixed some things related to SU13, but not this so, it will be fixed by the official 2.7.7 release.

ColoniaAir

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2023, 12:37:37 pm »
I've exaclty the same problem. Only thing that helps is restarting couatl.

Sansemiano

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2023, 02:54:58 pm »
I'm sorry to say, that the Eternal Loading error has returned on my setup. Just after updating to SU13 it worked fine for a session of 3 or 4. But now every new session GSX has to re-started again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2023, 03:03:06 pm »
As I've said:

About the other error on startup, we are working on a fix right now, the Beta Offline installer fixed some things related to SU13, but not this so, it will be fixed by the official 2.7.7 release.