Author Topic: Exclude 3rdparty button excludes random airports.  (Read 554 times)

zain1291

Exclude 3rdparty button excludes random airports.
« on: September 22, 2023, 04:52:09 pm »
Hi all,

This has happen to be second time when using "Exclude 3rdparty" button, it excludes random airports but not any of the installed addons within the community folder. I tried re-installing FSDT GSX PRO but didnt help. Attaching screenshot.

I have already clreared community folder with other addons to see if that clears (didnt help). I have also deleted "virtuali" directory under appdata and did a fresh install of GSX pro, didnt work.

Thanks
Zain

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Exclude 3rdparty button excludes random airports.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 05:02:53 pm »
The airport excluded are not "random", you surely had them installed at one time and what you excluded is kept in the \Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways_backup folder, this so if you took lot of time carefully select airports to exclude, we save your choice there, so you won't have to do all the work again, in case you reinstall GSX.

So, if you ADD a new airport to the Disabled list or run the Exclude routine again, it will just ADD the new airport or airports you installed since the last time you ran it, but it won't remove the ones that might not be installed anymore at this time UNLESS you explicitly move them back to the Enabled side.

If you want to start from scratch, just remove the \Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways_backup folder, so the Disabled list will be empty again.

zain1291

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 06:04:14 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for your response to this post and for the detailed explaination. I am don't even know if there is an addon for "HECA" for example. Its not part of my community folder for sure. But it seems like its part of the premium deluxe edition from asobo studios. Wondering if something caused GSX to include that.

I gott rid of the backup folder, unfortunately, I still had all those airports in the disabled list. But after deleting the backup and re-installing GSX and universal installer did that trick! I am back to what just a bunch of addons that I actually have using the exclude button.

Thanks
Zain

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 12:56:35 pm »
But it seems like its part of the premium deluxe edition from asobo studios. Wondering if something caused GSX to include that.

That's how's supposed to work, premium or handcrafter airports are NOT default airports, they are just like any other 3rd party scenery, just they are included with the sim, either for free or as part of the premium package but, asf far as jetway replacements are concerned, they ARE like 3rd party sceneries.