Author Topic: Error loading GSX operator Thumbnails  (Read 3090 times)

kien569

Error loading GSX operator Thumbnails
« on: September 16, 2023, 07:17:19 am »
As title states, screen shot of error and log attached.

Pit

Re: Error loading GSX operator Thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 11:38:12 am »
As title states, screen shot of error and log attached.

Here the same error after update 2.7.4 !
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 11:55:51 am by Pit »

Biggles

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 12:53:07 pm »
11:45:11: can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\CONVIASA.png' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
11:45:11: Failed to load image from file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\CONVIASA.png".
11:45:12: can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\LASER.png' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
11:45:12: Failed to load image from file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\LASER.png".
11:45:12: can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\MRV.png' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
11:45:12: Failed to load image from file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\MRV.png".
11:45:13: can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\SIACA.png' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
11:45:13: Failed to load image from file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\SIACA.png".
11:45:13: can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\WN_WHITE.png' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
11:45:13: Failed to load image from file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\WN_WHITE.png".
11:45:14: can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\catering\CONVIASA.png' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
11:45:14: Failed to load image from file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\catering\CONVIASA.png".

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 02:14:03 pm »
ok  think i wait   till  before  i update

pchimbolo

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 03:43:04 pm »
Same errors here.   I noted two things: (1) the forward slash in the path is incorrect (.../texture\thumbnails\...) and may be an issue with Windows folder referencing, but (2) the "thumbnails" path doesn't even exist in that texture folder.   So, I assume, GSX installer needs to create that thumbnails folder and may not be able to make that folder due to the "/".   Not sure.

How to fix FSDreamTeamers?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 05:39:24 pm »
Bump!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2023, 08:39:46 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem. I tried even removing the whole texture\thumbnails folder, ran an update, and it's downloaded again with all required files.

Could be you are using ONLY the Offline installer, instead of the normal updater ?

The Offline installer should be used only after the normal Live Update, and only if you suspect your issue is due to your local cloudflare node not updated, which can be noticed if you see the same files being downloaded over and over (other than the ones that are supposed to). That's the only case when you need the Offline installer, but as an addition to the Live Update, not as a replacement.

vortac12

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2023, 10:09:12 pm »
I recently updated GSX to 2.7.5 using the FSdreamteam updater.  After installing I received an error message that textures were missing.  I then completely uninstalled GSX using the FSdreamteam installer.  I made sure to do a full delete and not just unlink the key.  I also made sure I did not have the folder with previously downloaded installers.  I restarted my computer and then did a complete reinstall of GSX Pro.  After the install, Couatl does not start automatically.  I have to run the .exe file manual and I am still getting the error messages as seen in the attachment

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2023, 11:02:01 pm »
I cannot reproduce the problem, and I can confirm all the latest thumbnails ARE downloaded, even after removing the whole folder altogether. Try all the following:

- Be SURE you added the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions, then try again the Live Update.

- If that still doesn't work, remove both these folders, then try the Live Update again.

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\PackagesCache
%APPDATA%\Virtuali\UpdateCache

- If that still doesn't work, I'm afraid there's a problem with your local cloudflare node but, since the offline installer never includes operators textures, the latest thumbnails can only be get online so either try again later, or use a VPN, so you would connect to a different node that has been faster to get the files.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 12:27:46 am by virtuali »

Midnight Music

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2023, 11:25:06 pm »
I wonder what this means. All of a sudden, I'm getting this error message every time I load MSFS. The sim goes on to load normally and everything is working. Hopefully someone can shed light on it.

2:16:55 PM: can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\CONVIASA.png' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
2:16:55 PM: Failed to load image from file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\CONVIASA.png".
2:16:55 PM: can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\LASER.png' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
2:16:55 PM: Failed to load image from file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\LASER.png".
2:16:55 PM: can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\MRV.png' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
2:16:55 PM: Failed to load image from file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\MRV.png".
2:16:56 PM: can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\SIACA.png' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
2:16:56 PM: Failed to load image from file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\SIACA.png".
2:16:56 PM: can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\WN_WHITE.png' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
2:16:56 PM: Failed to load image from file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\WN_WHITE.png".
2:16:56 PM: can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\catering\CONVIASA.png' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
2:16:56 PM: Failed to load image from file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\catering\CONVIASA.png".

Empire

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2023, 11:46:57 pm »
Same, but I get a message saying failed to load an image ;( even a clean copy still gives me this error

Empire

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2023, 11:49:55 pm »
Also getting it and will do what you mention, but after a clean installation and adding the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions,  Still does it for me however it's a different file for me from the topic image above

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2023, 12:25:24 am »
Also getting it and will do what you mention, but after a clean installation and adding the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions,  Still does it for me however it's a different file for me from the topic image above

Please clarify this because "Also getting it" and "Still does it for me however it's a different file" are somewhat contradicting. If you have an error on thumbnails, just different ones, it doesn't normally happen and the previous solutions are the only solutions.

If, instead, you are getting another error not related to thumbnails, please clarify exactly which files are missing instead.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2023, 12:29:51 am »
Please don't open new threads with unclear subject when your issue has already been discussed elsewhere. I now merged all the identical threads in a single post, and I'm repeating all the possible solutions:

I cannot reproduce the problem, and I can confirm all the latest thumbnails ARE downloaded, even after removing the whole folder altogether. Try all the following:

- Be SURE you added the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions, then try again the Live Update.

- If that still doesn't work, remove both these folders, then try the Live Update again.

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\PackagesCache
%APPDATA%\Virtuali\UpdateCache

- If that still doesn't work, I'm afraid there's a problem with your local cloudflare node but, since the offline installer never includes operators textures, the latest thumbnails can only be get online so either try again later, or use a VPN, so you would connect to a different node that has been faster to get the files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2023, 01:08:18 am »
UPDATE

Since I can only confirm all the thumbnails for the latest operators are online on Live Update, suggesting your issue might just be related to your local cloudflare node not updated, we added the operator thumbnails to the OFFLINE installer as well so, if you are still getting this error, instead of waiting or having to use a VPN, you can try the Offline installer, from the Sticky thread on the forum.