Author Topic: GSX - Error log for missing files or not opening & main hub not opening  (Read 697 times)

Empire

Hello, Since the last update GSX does work however seems there are missing files that can't be opened ;(

Also when running the live update or installer.exe to open the program up it doesn't open. I tried the following.

Disable firewall and Windows security, and add GSX addon-manager to be allowed and bypassed by the exclusion.

The only way to deal with it is to download the FSDT_Universal_Installer and run it to open her up each time ;(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - Error log for missing files or not opening & main hub not opening
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 02:36:15 pm »
Also when running the live update or installer.exe to open the program up it doesn't open. I tried the following.

What do you mean with "open the program" ? You mean the Couatl engine .exe, which is normally supposed to start automatically, or from its own Desktop icon called "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" ?

These are the only two correct ways to start GSX, but without knowing exactly what you are doing, I can only make a guess.

Could be you tried to start Couatl.exe in the \Addon Manager\Couatl folder ? If yes, it's normal it won't start, because that's the 32 bit version, so it won't start with MSFS and it won't start if there isn't a 32 bit Addon Manager .dll in the sim, which doesn't exists anymore in MSFS.

The correct executable is in the \Addon Manager\Couatl64 folder and it's named Couatl64_MSFS.EXE, and there's an icon being setup on the Desktop precisely so you won't have to wonder which one is whic.

The only way to deal with it is to download the FSDT_Universal_Installer and run it to open her up each time

Now you are saying something a bit different, that you are start it correctly, but it doesn't start unless you REINSTALL the FSDT Universal Installer each time ?

This is obviously not normal, and it seems to indicate you must have some problem in your system the installer is fixing, like a wrong Compatibility mode set up in the sim, possibly caused by a not fully compatible add-on, or sometimes set up by Windows itself automatically without you even knowing, for example if MSFS crashed for any reason, Windows might have setup some not very well known registry entries to "help" you running it, which in fact cause the program to run in a wrong Windows Compatibility mode, which has even some bad effect on performances.

Our installer detects these wrong compatibility flags, and remove them, which might explain why you need to run it every time.

Another possible reason might be a 2nd copy of the Couatl engine (maybe one you started manually) preventing it from closing it correctly and letting it stuck at the end of the sim session, and of course our installer also detects that and terminate any old process still running, which is another possible explanation why running the installer again might give you the idea this is required.

Empire

Re: GSX - Error log for missing files or not opening & main hub not opening
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 09:49:14 pm »
Hi,

Couatl engine works fine it loads up with the sim...

Talking about FSDT Universal once installed you have two files that open "Couatl_Updater.exe" called FSDT installer or FSDT live update to open up the software that shows a list of products to download... that part doesn't open!

I double-click it, open it up for 5secs then close again, so I do not know if GSX has any updates and can't update if there is an update. I also added GSX addon-manager to be allowed through the exclusion.