Author Topic: Problem with LSZH and GSX Pro updates  (Read 864 times)

ACSoft

Problem with LSZH and GSX Pro updates
« on: September 10, 2023, 11:15:03 am »
Umberto,

I own FSDreamTeam airport Zürich LSZH and GSX Pro and I have the following problem with GSX gates customization:

I have edited the gate A17 and this modification was written inside the file "lszh-fsdt.ini" on location "AppData>RoamIng>virtuali>GSX>MSFS>".

But, unfortunately, on each GSX Pro update, this file is overwritten with a new file and, of course, I loose my gates customization. I don't understand why this happen, because with other airport addons, including the other FSDreamteam airport Basel LFSB, which I own too, it does NOT happen.

Is there a way to avoid this and be sure my LSZH gates customization remain safe, even after GSX Pro updates ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with LSZH and GSX Pro updates
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 02:01:01 pm »
This is of course completely normal and would happen exactly in the same way for every FSDT airport, since those are the ones where a custom GSX Profile gets downloaded and installed automatically with every GSX Pro updates.

What you need to do is:

- Make a copy the FSDT official profile to a new file, and keep it in the same folder, for example:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS\lszh-fsdt_modified.ini

- Edit your Settings file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.INI

- Look for the [GSX] section and check if you have a line like this:

profile_lszh = lszh-fsdt

- Change the line to be like this:

profile_lszh = lszh-fsdt_modified

If you didn't had that line, just create it from scratch, the only thing that matters is that it must be in the [GSX] section. Now, GSX will always use YOUR modified profile at LSZH so, even if it will download the standard profile at each update, it won't use it and your changes won't be overwritten, since the file is different.

ACSoft

Re: Problem with LSZH and GSX Pro updates
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 10:07:55 am »
Umberto,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I will follow your instructions asap !