Author Topic: Since last GSX Update: Failing to load images  (Read 4308 times)

Timothy Metzinger

Re: Since last GSX Update: Failing to load images
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2023, 11:05:49 pm »
Just an update... I downloaded  the FSDT Universal Installer from the FSDT website and ran it... after doing an UPDATE ALL I got my thumbnails folder back and am no longer getting the error messages.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2023, 11:23:54 pm »
Just an update... I downloaded  the FSDT Universal Installer from the FSDT website and ran it... after doing an UPDATE ALL I got my thumbnails folder back and am no longer getting the error messages.

I’m thinking this new universal installer now replaces the old one. Perhaps @virtuali could confirm please.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2023, 02:24:06 pm »
I'm having the same problem since yesterday and would agree with the earlier comment that it's a path problem. The developer used a forward slash in front of texture instead of a backslash.

That's not the problem, forward/backward slashes are automatically handled in Python file handling in Windows and, for all intent and purposes, are exactly the same. The problem was likely your ran an update for P3D before we completed the upload with the latest operators.

fslogin

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2023, 02:28:09 pm »
I followed this instruction and it works except for one file (WHITE.png):
If that doesn't work, try to install the OFFLINE installer on our site, then start the Installer again, and do another Update Check. Pay attention to the update process, and see if the operator Thumbnails are being downloaded.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2023, 03:41:17 pm »
When I started P3D this morning I had another update prompt. After I finished with P3D I launched the standard updater and it went through the usual stuff. But at the end it remained on screen saying it had successfully updated everything.

Hopefully that’s it done now.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

preynolds

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2023, 03:12:10 pm »
Hi,

I'm now also getting this pop-up show when P3D v4.5 loads...

07:32:47: can't open file 'F:\Utilities\FSDT\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\LUFTHANSA_LEOS.png' (error 0: the operation completed successfully.)
07:32:47: Failed to load image from file "F:\Utilities\FSDT\Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling\LUFTHANSA_LEOS.png".

Tried running live update and re-checking a few times with the same result. The file is missing from the location in the error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Phil Reynolds

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2023, 03:47:13 pm »
@preynolds, Umberto gave this info in an earlier post. Fixed it for me.

"If that doesn't work, try to install the OFFLINE installer on our site, then start the Installer again, and do another Update Check. Pay attention to the update process, and see if the operator Thumbnails are being downloaded."
Cheers,
Ray.

preynolds

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2023, 04:57:53 pm »
Hi Ray,

Thanks, just tried that and didn't get any error :)

Interestingly the file in my error still doesn't exist, so I guess whatever was calling the png file needed updating, rather than the file being required. Either way, things look to be working now.

Thanks again.

Phil

dsalman1

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2023, 03:40:28 am »
Most likely the antivirus, that must have blocked the installation of the latest installer, which downloads the operator thumbnails as part of the update.

Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the EXCLUSIONS

Run the FSDT Installer again, and choose Update

If that doesn't work, try to install the OFFLINE installer on our site, then start the Installer again, and do another Update Check. Pay attention to the update process, and see if the operator Thumbnails are being downloaded.

The PNG files are there, something else is wrong.   

dsalman1

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2023, 04:43:20 am »
I'm having the same problem since yesterday and would agree with the earlier comment that it's a path problem. The developer used a forward slash in front of texture instead of a backslash.

That's not the problem, forward/backward slashes are automatically handled in Python file handling in Windows and, for all intent and purposes, are exactly the same. The problem was likely your ran an update for P3D before we completed the upload with the latest operators.

I uninstalled and tried to use the FSDT Installer, it does not install P3D airports.  I still have the same issue.  Maybe Windows 11 does not work.  I can just disable GSX since I still get error.   All  the files are in place and I did add Addon Manager to exclusions

Dirk30926

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2023, 03:00:33 pm »
...Addon Manager/texture\thumbnails\handling......

jwyman

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2023, 04:23:12 pm »
I am have the same issue with the Couatl module being disabled.

I am using the DFW scenery from FSDT. When my default A/C loads, the scenery is fine, all the buildings are there. I then try to load my QS 787-9 A/C. That's when all of the DFW scenery goes away and the COUATL module appears to been de-activated from within P3D 4.5.

I also tried this with a PDMG 777 and it appears to do the same thing...

I have attached the log showing the errors

Daveo

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2023, 12:15:04 pm »
I keep getting this error pop-up.

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2023, 11:33:21 pm »
Same here. P3d V6 latest patch.

I am now using the Updater2 in Admin mode. Runs OK to the end but throws the error.

Aussie
Prosim-AR B738 user on P3d V6

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2023, 11:41:50 am »
As I've said in all previous posts, if you are missing the thumbnails, it's a problem in your local network node OR you antivirus is blocking the latest updater to "update itself" so:

- Configure the antivirus to have the whole FSDT Addon manager folder added to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

- If that still doesn't work, DOWNLOAD and install the latest OFFLINE installer. It contains all thumbnails, it's just not possible you would see this error by using it.

But it must downloaded and installed again after the date of its latest version, which should be obvious, since it's completely offline, it doesn't have the ability to update itself, so you must redownload it each time there's even the smallest update.