Author Topic: [SOLVED] Custom made voicepack not working after following instructions  (Read 516 times)

xander975

Over the past couple of weeks I have been flying a lot of Icelandair rotations and I noticed that there is no custom voicepack for the gsx ground handling with in the Iceland FIR.
So I decided to make a custom soundpack last night for the Icelandic airports, meaning you hear an Icelandic ground handler when you ask for pushback and such.

After some digging on how to make one I found a forum post for the P3D version of gsx explaining how the sound files needed to be formatted so I gave it a try even tho I made mine for FS2020. (see this gsx forum post here -> https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=25396.0)

The forum post says it needs to be a .wav file, mono channel, the file names need to be the exact same as the default ones and it needed to be in its own folder with the correct country ICAO abbreviation (in my case Iceland is BIRD so the abbreviation would be BI but in lower case).
I did all that and after giving it a try in the sim, I noticed that I still get the default voices.

Has anyone else made a soundpack before for FS2020? if so, have I done something wrong or am I missing something? Or could it be that I need to do it completely different for FS2020 compared to P3D?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 01:45:46 am by xander975 »

xander975

Disregard this post. After retracing my steps on exporting the .wav files I figured out that I used a custom export command that I used in the past to make use of a Mono repeat channel (basically two mono channels to fake stereo sound).