Author Topic: Disable Auto Open GSX Menu  (Read 1524 times)

maorgr

Disable Auto Open GSX Menu
« on: August 31, 2023, 08:18:07 pm »
Hi,

Is there a way to disable auto opening the GSX menu when FS2020 loads the aircraft ?

Thanks in advance.

stevebarker12

Re: Disable Auto Open GSX Menu
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 08:33:47 pm »
This on forum
Just open the GSX Settings page, it's under the Simulation tab. GSX Manual, Page 29-30, the explanation of the settings page, and what each option does.

maorgr

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 01:24:18 pm »
I've looks in the manual and there's nothing about disable auto open of GSX Menu on startup

stevebarker12

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 07:17:55 pm »
If you disable before leaving the sim it will not  auto open next time
I have flow pro and turn it off on the wheel before exiting ie F12 not opening it
If i then exit the sim and go back in -  it  does not open gsx pro
The sim remembers the last setting - so will open it if  it was last open, or not open it if it was closed
That is how it works for me anyway -lol

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2023, 10:16:26 am »
The sim remembers the last setting - so will open it if  it was last open, or not open it if it was closed

Exactly: it's nothing really related to GSX: the simulator remembers the active/inactive status of every Toolbar panel from the last session, it's normal MSFS behavior.

Of course, by using the GSX menu correctly as suggested at Page 85 of the manual, where the menu is explained, the sim will always save an "inactive" state, so it will never open it again on the next start:

This is now your normal workflow should be:

• Open the GSX menu from the Toolbar icon when first starting Ground services .

• Don’t close it from the Toolbar while Ground services are performed, always use the Hot-key or the X icon to close the menu.

• Close the menu using the Toolbar icon when you are done with Ground services, usually before take-off.