Author Topic: GSX remote control  (Read 993 times)

B 747-400

• B 747-400, what else?
GSX remote control
« on: August 30, 2023, 01:00:44 pm »
Hi

thx for activating my new account!

I use MSFS in a full-size simulator, and I'm interested in GSX Pro. Following question:

Can I "inject" some remote commands from an external program into GSX? TCP/IP connection?

For example: after landing, I want to inject the gate number and start the follow me car automatically. Same for starting boarding procedure etc. In other words: instead of an on-screen menu, I want to send those commands in the background from outside MSFS.

As you can imagine, it kills the immersion in the sim, when you need to open menus during flight etc. and enter pushbacks, gates etc. I want all that happening automatically in the background, controlled by my own software, who reads all the data out of a flight plan file.

Thx for your answer in advance, and pls do not hesitate to ask, if you've some questions regarding my request / idea!

Best regards
Hans

B 747-400

• B 747-400, what else?
Re: GSX remote control
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 12:06:10 pm »
Hi,

I would have expected someone from fsdt to answer my question!  >:(

But OK, shows me: not to go with your company!

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 11:17:37 am »
Your message has just been missed, it hasn't obviously ignored on purpose.  While there isn't a documented API, there are some airplane add-ons that already integrates GSX in some way.

If you have a Streamdeck, check this, which adds GSX integration for the Fenix A320:

https://github.com/Fragtality/Fenix2GSX

B 747-400

• B 747-400, what else?
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 12:16:19 pm »
OK, I will have a look ... thx.