Author Topic: KDAL jet bridges appear out of position  (Read 1083 times)

mofasho

KDAL jet bridges appear out of position
« on: August 03, 2023, 03:52:35 am »
Hello. I have photorico KDAL using p3d v4.5. Once i load the airport all is fine, but then GSX cache loads and the jet bridges appear in the middle of the apron away from the terminal (possibly in the old terminal layout). Has anyone else experienced this issue? I am hoping for a quick fix. The only way I can get them to disappear is to deactivate GSX, however I have several FSDT airports and I would prefer not to do that since I fly to them frequently.

Thanks

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: KDAL jet bridges appear out of position
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 03:10:49 pm »
Check the GSX parking position and verify which AFCAD file it's using. Sounds like it's picked up the wrong one.
Captain Kevin

mofasho

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2023, 09:41:33 pm »

thanks for the reply. Do you know where I can locate the parking position to edit that setting? OR where the folder the other AFCAD is possibly located? I have searched for hours and am not having any luck. Thanks

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2023, 10:46:25 pm »
With the simulator running, go to GSX, then go to customize airport parking. A window should pop up. At the top of that window, it should tell you which AFCAD it's using.
Captain Kevin

mofasho

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2023, 06:21:01 pm »
I tried to locate that menu but I dont have that option at KDAL, only at FSDT airports does that option appear. I never purchased GSX so its just whatever is required to work with their airports. I also used the search feature through my entire computer and found no other AFCADS or anything related to KDAL outside of the specific developers folder within my sim.

I also contacted the developer awhile back, but they said they hadn't heard of anyone having this issue.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2023, 08:10:30 pm »
That information would have been nice to know. The reason I mentioned the AFCAD is that it's possible that, for some reason, it's picking up the default airport rather than the scenery you're using. I was hoping to get confirmation of that, but not knowing that you hadn't actually purchased GSX, I'm not sure what options are available when it's in trial mode.
Captain Kevin

mofasho

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2023, 10:13:01 pm »
That information would have been nice to know. The reason I mentioned the AFCAD is that it's possible that, for some reason, it's picking up the default airport rather than the scenery you're using. I was hoping to get confirmation of that, but not knowing that you hadn't actually purchased GSX, I'm not sure what options are available when it's in trial mode.

Ah sorry about that. I've never even used GSX before this and wasn't aware of any of the menu options. Thank you anyway for the response. It seems it would be a simple afcad file somewhere that needs to be removed.