Author Topic: T-way jetways  (Read 617 times)

gwph

T-way jetways
« on: August 01, 2023, 06:05:51 pm »
I noticed a new functionality to make the passengers go through the jetways (and not float in the air) for non standard jetways like T-way jetways, as described in the manual on pages 73-75. Seems great to be able to finally correct this and I would like to give it a go.

However, I dont really understand what to put into the ini file. the manual says for instance
[jetway_roots]
jetway = 0.0 4.5

But how would I like this to a specific gate? In other words, where in these lines will I put the actual gate number. Should I replace the word "jetway" with the gate identifyer? For example
[jetways_roots]
gate 5 = 0.0 4.5
gate 6 = 0.2 3.8

Would be nice if someone with experience could confirm this to make it clearer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: T-way jetways
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 11:54:56 am »
Jetway customization is not done "by gate", but by "jetway model" instead.

This because it's very unlikely you'll find an airport that has a different jetway model ( different meaning physically different, not just a different logo or number ), so instead of having to repeat the same parameters for multiple gates using the same model, is set at the model level, since if the model is the same, the parameters will surely be the same.

Which is why, as the manual says ( last lines of Page 71 + Page 72 ), you can use partial string matching, to "catch" multiple models that might share parameters with a single line, Page 72 has an example with iniBuild KLAX, please read it and indicate what's not clear about it.

So you need to put something that matches the jetway titles, as explained in the paragraph "How to obtain the correct Jetway names".

When you have a list of all names used in the scenery, you need to check which ones are just variations of the same model (so they can share parameters), and which ones are really different models, for example with different heights or length, so they must have a separate entry. With that data at hand, you'll need to figure it out how to use partial string matching, proceeding from the most generic rules, and create more specific names for the exceptions.