Author Topic: Tanker Upload  (Read 12103 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Tanker Upload
« on: April 20, 2010, 06:18:04 pm »
JR...

The README is complete.  However, after nearly uploading last night, I read the prior READMEs of the main tanker (KC-135T, v1.85/v1.9)  I used for Drogue model/textures and it said I need to ask for permission.  The other part (Mike Stone's Tanker upgraded FSX panel/gauges) is already covered and permission is granted specifically in the README because the designer is different (Bob Chicilo) and it was meant for a different Tanker.

So this AM, I sent out an email to the main designer of the KC-135T and asked permission for wide release of the hybrid tanker model/textures that are used.

Will get back to you as soon as he answers.

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
Re: Tanker Upload
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 07:50:43 pm »
BTW, Im back as a FULL TIME Sludge Hornet driver.  I've had it with the VRS 'BUG!!  Cant control the throttle fully, only get 15 FPS, even unlocked in scenery, and their "discussion" boards are crap.  Ive shot down enough virtual airliners to be content, and would rather enjoy high FPS and doing carrier landings with everyone else here, so Im back FULL TIME and wanna reboot some life back into the Sludge.

So all my energy will now be on the Sludge Hornet and any/all mods people have for it.   ;D

Later
Sludge

neutrino

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 09:00:48 pm »
Sludge, good to hear you are flying the Sludge Hornet ;D

Let's hope you get permission soon for the KC-135, lots of people are eager to create flight plans and I get emails how to install the KC-135 :)

wilycoyote4

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 10:26:53 pm »
The default Hornet is a good aircraft both as a model and a VC.  There is plenty of development possible and it is a learning creation.  Such a military hot jet---and a carrier jet---is unique in default FS aircraft.  I've used it since Acceleration came out.  The very day of release in fact.  It was tough to understand at first, at least, for me.  But it's ok now.

Carrier ops just wouldn't be the same without the default F/A-18C in my opinion. It's tough on general aviation and tubeliners fans which is understable.  The VC is unique and simulates military procedures.

Look at the videos you folks post.  It's a great aircraft unlike so many others.  Keep making the videos.

And hope to hear of tanker success.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:29:22 pm by wilycoyote4 »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 10:31:12 pm »
JR...

Yeah, in my email to the guy, I told him alot of people were in the same boat I was when I first went looking for a tanker.  On the big forums, there are plenty of KC-135 Tankers.  Just that none are completely FSX-adapted (Orion's word), have a Navy Drogue, AND easy to install as one .zip package.  Its a buncha mixed-matched KC-135s that either are FSX capable, but dont have the Drogue OR have the drogue and dont have FSX Panels/Gauges.

I guess we will see if he understands everyone's plights and responds in the affirmative.

Later
Sludge

Orion

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 12:47:54 am »
completely FSX-adapted (Orion's word)
I wouldn't say completely in any case.  Saying completely still sort of implies that it was designed for FSX, which it isn't.

Paco

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 04:33:06 am »
BTW, Im back as a FULL TIME Sludge Hornet driver.  I've had it with the VRS 'BUG!!  Cant control the throttle fully, only get 15 FPS, even unlocked in scenery, and their "discussion" boards are crap.  Ive shot down enough virtual airliners to be content, and would rather enjoy high FPS and doing carrier landings with everyone else here, so Im back FULL TIME and wanna reboot some life back into the Sludge.

So all my energy will now be on the Sludge Hornet and any/all mods people have for it.   ;D

Later
Sludge

I flew the bug for less than two hours and had crappy FPS.  I might be going back to the Sludge as well.  What's the deal with the tanker?  How's this one different from the one we've been using?

Paco

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 07:00:57 pm »
Paco...

Probly answered your question last night on Skype.  Its nothing different, same plane, just waiting for permissions so I can wide-release on the big servers (avsim.com, flightsim.com) as JR told me plenty of people want this Tanker.

Update on permissions...

Last night Chuck Grimes emailed me back and said I need to ask Rok Dolenec (who did the texture/model work), so I did that, and hope to get a response from him today.  If its a yes, Im releasing immediately after because Ill have full permissions at that point.

Later
Sludge

markturner

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 03:06:59 pm »
Any news on this Christian? I am gagging....... ;D

Cheers, Mark

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 04:16:04 pm »
Still no word yet.  Still trying to find out Rok's email, so I can ask him permission to use his aircraft model.  If thats given, we are OK, and Ill wide release the minute I get that, and will post here.

Later
Sludge

neutrino

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 09:35:26 pm »
There is a very nice tutorial how to create flight plans with AI Flight Planner on the VRS forum:
http://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3136#p23221

GOONIE

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 10:16:23 pm »
Thanks for sharing Nuetrino! I've always wanted create AI flight plans for tanker traffic but have had no luck.

I'll give it a shot for my home base airport NAS Oceana, hope it works  ;)
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

markturner

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 02:44:36 pm »
I guess still no joy on this Christian?

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 03:42:06 pm »
Mark...

No luck.  Am going to just ask Chuck Grimes if he can give me permission in lieu of Rok, since Im unable to reach Rok at all.  Will keep you posted on what happens.   Anybody know how to get in contact with Caleb Guessman (blueangels v1.1 modification) from Eaglesim?  Im trying to contact him for a few legal questions before releasing the Sludge to all the big servers.

Capt...

It might not work for Oceana.  I have had trouble with AI Traffic plans from military bases.  I tried Miramar, no-go, so I had to revert back to KSAN.  Now, there is probly a work-around, as MAIW gets military traffic working from military bases, but I dont know how they do it.  Anybody.... Bueller.... Bueller....

Later
Sludge

GOONIE

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 01:28:39 am »
Sludge,

You are correct, no luck out of Oceana on the AI tanker  :'( The tanker shows up on the ramp, and then after asking for a taxi clearance the airplane just dissappears  ??? I will try setting up another AI flightplan having it depart from nearby Norfolk airport (non military) see if that helps.

With the .bgl file you created for SAN-LAS-SAN; it will show the tanker starting at SAN at 1900hrs local, everyday of the week, with traffic display settings at 1%, correct?

-Capt
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."