Author Topic: GSX doesnt load  (Read 1148 times)

sn0w1

GSX doesnt load
« on: July 06, 2023, 12:33:11 pm »
I start couatl manually and gsx doesnt recognize it, it's getting on my nerves that as soon as i fix one pproblem another one appears

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX doesnt load
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 01:04:36 pm »
Please clarify what do you mean with "gsx doesn't recognize it".

sn0w1

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 01:24:29 pm »
I start couatl and gsx says couatl engine not running, i restart couatl and then I'm just stuck in the gsx loading screen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 01:31:44 pm »
The only possible reason I can think of that if you start couatl the menu says it's not running, is because you might have another copy running from a previous session that is preventing the new one to complete its startup.

So, maybe, the only issue is that you never had to start it manually, because it was started by the sim automatically, as it normally is.

Or, the sim crashed for other reasons, so it couldn't send the "quit" Simconnect command to the Couatl engine, which didn't close from a previous session, so the new one can't start.

Just check with the Task manager, and be sure there are no instances of Couatl_MSFS.exe still running before starting a new one. If there is one, terminate it and start it again.

sn0w1

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 01:33:36 pm »
Thats the roblem, i closed every instance from gsx/fsdt installer or couatl inthe taskmanager

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 01:35:20 pm »
I need to see your startup log, follow the instructions here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

sn0w1

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2023, 01:41:17 pm »
Startup log

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2023, 01:49:07 pm »
Startup log

That's not your startup log, it's the .ini file you had to edit to enable it, and you haven't edited it, so there's no log, because the log filename is empty. Please follow the instructions in the linked thread to the letter.

The startup log is called Couatl.log, and will appear after you start Couatl after editing the .ini file to enable logging.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 01:50:59 pm by virtuali »

sn0w1

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2023, 03:28:57 pm »
sorry, my bad

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2023, 03:42:29 pm »
Your log shows you are running a very old version of the software (version 5122, the current one is 5251), which is not normally possible when using the FSDT Updater, so it's likely the antivirus is causing that.

- Disable any firewall

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- Run the FSDT Live Update again

- If that doesn't work, download and install the OFFLINE INSTALLER, from the Sticky thread in this forum

- If that doesn't work, download and install the FSDT Universal Installer again, and RESTART Windows after installing it.

- If that doesn't work, be sure your Windows is fully updated with no updates pending.
Modify message