Author Topic: I hate to ask, but  (Read 4255 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
I hate to ask, but
« on: April 16, 2010, 10:43:40 am »
It's been a long time since we have heard anything about the "tool" or utility that FSDreamteam was working on. Last I remember hearing anything on this was last year and I think Umberto said something to the effect of them working on the textures for it.

Umberto, can you give us an update as to what is going on with it, or if it has been put on the back burner for now?

While were at it, is there any snip of info on KDFW? In Feb you mentioned that your team was working on some new ways of doing the scenery and that testing those things was requiring a bit of extra time, however it shouldn't take more than the usualy 5 to 6 months of development time. Can you tell us how the testing on the new methods is working out or how things are going. I'm not asking for screen shots, but just curious since its been a while since anythings has been said.

Thanks,

Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I hate to ask, but
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 11:29:17 am »
The "Tool" has been postponed, but not in any way canceled. We are still looking to release it somewhere during this year, but the main issue is, the developers are not doing Flightsim stuff only, so we need to share their available time with other project they work on.

KDFW is progressing well, nothing unusual to report, other that is taking much time than usual for the research phase, because we are trying new things, never seen before in any scenery. However, we are already in the 3d buildings developement phase. Which means, the boring part has ended, and screenshots will arrive soon.

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 06:40:41 pm »
That's some good news we all have been looking for. :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 09:50:24 pm »
Thanks Umberto that's good to hear. Can't wait to see the previews.

Regarding the new ways of doing sceneries that you experimenting with, is this something that will enhance looks and performance of the sceneries? Or is the new way something that makes it easier for you to develope an airport?

The reason I ask is because if you found a way to improve performance, can we look forward to any updates to the current sceneries in the future that will increase their performance?

Thanks,

Sean