Author Topic: Crosswind AFCAD for FSX  (Read 9554 times)

hombrexp

Crosswind AFCAD for FSX
« on: April 12, 2010, 10:53:55 am »
Hello, I have plenty of enjoyment using this scenery, and have been constantly tweaking the parking assignments to adjust to reality.  I had invested plenty of time and effort in my edits, so I thought it would be nice to share with my fellow FSX enthusiasts.    I use Ultimate Traffic 2 and a mix of WOAI/Alpha India flightplans for traffic not in UT2.  Here are some of the main changes I made:

- Added additional spots in the GA apron area for GA traffic.
- Updated cargo parking to match what I researched from Airliners.net, Google maps, etc.
- Adjusted International Terminal 4 parking so that all traffic uses parks at the terminal first, and if those slots are full, then they will use the nearby remote spots.
- Added remote parking in the southeast areas for overflow Delta flights when necessary.

I was surprised that there was no "crosswind" afcad for this FSX version anywhere, but FS9 users had one due to the generous contribution of Harpsi.  So I opened up my AFCAD editor and copied his crosswind settings to my FSX afcad, allowing all runways to be used at the same time.  I decided not to emulate the present closure of runway 31L/13R, but feel free to do so on your own for maximum reality  ;D

I hope you enjoy my updated AFCAD, please feel free to comment with any suggestions to improve.

Thanks

A.J.

b742f

Re: Crosswind AFCAD for FSX
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 08:52:47 pm »
THANK YOU!! I was just coming on here to search for a good updated afcad. Now off to fly and I'll let you know my thoughts.
So far looking in afx, nice to see the codes, since I fly cargo I rarely know exactly where the companies park. Now I know where to park my Cargolux plane!

b742f

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 08:16:18 pm »
Thanks AJ it worked out great!!! Do you have any other fsdt sceneries? Would you mind doing afcads for them too?

lot734

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 08:43:44 pm »
THANK YOU!!!! I love it! ;D

KJFK

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 07:45:32 pm »
Do you guys have an FSX AFCAD where the Terminal 6 is no longer an active terminal? Also If someone could help me to move the Air Berlin (LTU/BER) spaces to the Terminal 8. They are sharing a the Gates with Finnair and Jet Airways. I tired hard to make the changes myself, but somehow cant get the file to recompile after the changes. It just gives me just one error message after the other. Your help is really greatly appreciated.

theshack440

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 02:30:24 am »
Do you guys have an FSX AFCAD where the Terminal 6 is no longer an active terminal? Also If someone could help me to move the Air Berlin (LTU/BER) spaces to the Terminal 8. They are sharing a the Gates with Finnair and Jet Airways. I tired hard to make the changes myself, but somehow cant get the file to recompile after the changes. It just gives me just one error message after the other. Your help is really greatly appreciated.

Yeah I have been looking for an AFCAD that doesn't operate Terminal 6 either and also uses half of T4, concourse B for some Delta international Flights (and if possible moves most international Delta flights to T3 but in my minimal knowledge of how to write AFCADs I do not think that that is possible). If I find one or choose to attempt to make one, I will let you know,

Regards
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 04:13:11 am by theshack440 »
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

krsw757

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 05:36:48 pm »
It could be done, you would just have to change the airline code to DALI or something along those lines. I remember seeing this done when delta had the shuttle flights, I remember a lot of people using DALS at LGA's marine terminal, and it seemed to work.

theshack440

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 02:12:30 am »
It could be done, you would just have to change the airline code to DALI or something along those lines. I remember seeing this done when delta had the shuttle flights, I remember a lot of people using DALS at LGA's marine terminal, and it seemed to work.

Oh yes that's right I do remember seeing in a readme or something for airports like KLGA. It said to make sure the shuttle flights had DALS as their parking code. Good idea, maybe someone can think about doing this.

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations