Author Topic: GSX GPU integration (In this case LSH MD80)  (Read 951 times)

MD-82

GSX GPU integration (In this case LSH MD80)
« on: May 30, 2023, 01:05:22 pm »
Hello,

I am using the GSX integration into LSH's MD80. Today I had an inoperative APU, requiring a start at gate. No problem. I ticked the aircraft option to allow for engine start before push and saved. I asked for pushback, however GSX stated the procedure can't continue as it is waiting for GPU to be disconnected. (I did not get asked if I wanted to start the engines before pushback) I disregarded GSX and as I placed the fuel control switch to ON, GSX automatically removed the GPU, killing all power to the airplane.

I'm wondering if it is possible in a future version of GSX to remove the automatic disconnection of the GPU. In real world operations, no matter how unusual it may seem, a GPU will never be automatically disconnected. Regardless of beacon light position, engine state or even the state of fuel levers. Also, the fact that GSX held, while waiting for the GPU to be disconnected for an engine start at gate is not correct. As one clearly needs it to start in cases where the APU is inoperative, or if it is a GPU start (e.g., Turboprops or the 787).

Cheers,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX GPU integration (In this case LSH MD80)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 11:21:30 pm »
GSX stated the procedure can't continue as it is waiting for GPU to be disconnected. (I did not get asked if I wanted to start the engines before pushback) I disregarded GSX and as I placed the fuel control switch to ON, GSX automatically removed the GPU, killing all power to the airplane.

GSX doesn't remove the GPU automatically. If you think about it, it wouldn't make any sense to remove it automatically and at the same time prompting to remove it: if it was able to remove it automatically, it wouldn't even ask you to remove it.

Fact you said it you lost power, is an indication this was part of the MD GSX integration, which is done independently by Leonardo. This because, normally, even if you see a GSX GPU, it won't ever affect the airplane electrical system, we had this function in FSX/P3D, because there it was possible to write on the battery voltage to keep it charged, but that's not possible in MSFS, so the GSX GPU, normally, it's only cosmetic.

MD-82

Re: GSX GPU integration (In this case LSH MD80)
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 08:11:50 am »
Ok Umberto,

so the fact that the GPU gets removed when the engines turn ON is because of the integration by LSH correct? Meaning it can be fixed to keep the GPU there. Will contact the developers about it then. Thanks.