Author Topic: GSX Pro Menu disappears in FS2020 after last update  (Read 1833 times)

gjprice92

GSX Pro Menu disappears in FS2020 after last update
« on: May 19, 2023, 03:49:02 pm »
OK, go ahead and blast me all you want!!!  :o

My GSX Pro menu disappears in FS2020 after the last world update and I am having trouble figuring out how to get it back up and running.

Prior to performing the update, i copy and pasted the contents of my community folder to a different location on my hard drive and completed the MSFS update. Then I moved the community folder contents back (the folder itself is linked). Now the GSX Pro menu pops up for a half second and is then gone.

What steps do i need to take to get it back working again? I know this question has been asked, so i apologize in advance.

Thanks!

Gary

Doc_Z

Re: GSX Pro Menu disappears in FS2020 after last update
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 06:00:10 pm »
I've had a similar problem (mine has something to do with Addons Linker), but m question has been in the forum for several days with many views, but no answers.  Good luck.

Doc_Z

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 08:29:16 pm »
Well over 200 views for this topic and my similar one above.  Perhaps there is not answer and Virtuali doesn't want to say.

gjprice92

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 09:22:07 pm »
Hello,

any suggestions to this issue?

Thanks!

Gary

gjprice92

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 01:24:04 am »
well i guess its time to complete un-install GSX pro and start over again.

Disappointing...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 11:15:53 pm »
Prior to performing the update, i copy and pasted the contents of my community folder to a different location on my hard drive and completed the MSFS update. Then I moved the community folder contents back (the folder itself is linked). Now the GSX Pro menu pops up for a half second and is then gone.

You should never copy the Community folder manually, it will cause exactly what you said it happened.

In addition to that, if with "the folder itself is linked", you mean the *Community* folder is linked, that is wrong and it's not the correct way to have the MSFS CONTENT on a separate drive, this has been discussed here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,29889.msg193433.html#msg193433

The one and only supported way of doing that, which is what GSX supports, is the one explained here, with a procedure that will help you fix a Community folder moved in the wrong way, the one explained there is a way (assuming you follow it precisely) to do it in the proper supported way, without reinstalling the whole sim.

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27258.msg178611.html#msg178611

gjprice92

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2023, 07:35:19 pm »
thank you!!