Author Topic: GSX Pro and Addons Linker  (Read 2892 times)

Doc_Z

GSX Pro and Addons Linker
« on: May 18, 2023, 12:33:41 am »
I have GSX Pro located in The Linker Addons folder.  There is a link in Community.  If I call GSX up in MSFS, it starts and immediately closes.  I reinstalled it and it worked.  I then closed MSFS and changed the preset in Addons Linker from all Addons to only a certain number of sceneries.  GSX was active in both cases in Addons Linker.  When I restarted MSFS with the new preset, GSX started and disappeared. Should I be doing something to prevent this behavior?

Doc_Z

Re: GSX Pro and Addons Linker
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 07:23:15 pm »
Anybody?

Doc_Z

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 07:58:55 pm »
Lots of views, but no answers. Simple question: Do the two work together?

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2023, 01:43:20 am »
I've used both for a long time now. No problems.

HOWEVER: GSX installs in it's own folder and creates a link to itself in the Community folder. I have left it this way, and it is always active when I fly. Addon Linker shows it as an "External link". It is not available in the selection list on the left so I can't disable it like my other addons.

When I fly GA, I just don't use GSX and there are no performance or other effects on my flight.

When I first got GSX, I did change the links for it to addon linker managed links. I found that the occasional airline flight started without GSX was more annoying to me than flying a GA flight where GSX was linked but not used (no noticeable difference). It seemed to work fine when set up this way, but it was a much older version of GSX. The current version might behave differently.

For the record, I also leave Navigraph navdata and navdata base installed in the Community folder and use the linker to select and de-select the Navigraph in-game panels.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 01:45:13 am by Pirateinparadise »
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

Doc_Z

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 05:45:06 pm »
Thanks.  I was able to come up with that with some help from the Discord channel.  Surprised nobody from FSDT said anything. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2023, 12:32:30 pm »
Thanks.  I was able to come up with that with some help from the Discord channel.  Surprised nobody from FSDT said anything.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, considering you only posted a few days ago, and we have obviously been extremely busy by having to release both KIAH and a new GSX update on the same day (it *had* to be on the same day, since one required the other), and the issue you were having is clearly not GSX-related, but more a general question about how to use the Addon Linker and, since there have been other threads on this forum that could have been found by simply searching using "GSX Addon Linker", which would return this, for example:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27746.0.html

So, considering the issue is not entirely GSX related, considering a thread about this (with a proper subject called "GSX and MSFS Addon Linker" ) already existed, I didn't see much urgency replying again on the same issue here, when you had all the tools at your disposal to find the information here, which confirms there are no issues using GSX with the Addon Linker.

Airbus1234

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2023, 07:18:09 pm »
Hi. I've tried to install the GSX buy it doesn't link it to community folder and k can't find the symbolic link from the community folder. The installer says it' installed and active but nothing happens. I've tried everything for 6 months. Can you please help me!?
😞

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2023, 01:50:55 pm »
Hi. I've tried to install the GSX buy it doesn't link it to community folder and k can't find the symbolic link from the community folder. The installer says it' installed and active but nothing happens. I've tried everything for 6 months. Can you please help me!?

Please don't double post the same question in multiple places.

Airbus1234

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2023, 07:31:54 am »
For me it doesn't create the link to the community folder.
The installer says it's installed and active but it still doesn't create the link.

BrianT58

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2023, 12:17:33 pm »
They both work fine together. In Addons Linker add the "FSDream\addon manager\msfs" folder to your list of Addon folders. you can then add and remove all fstd products as you would any other addon.

I've been using it like this for months now without problem
Regards
Brian

HeicoH

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2023, 12:23:24 pm »
@Thomasba:

Did you unlink GSX Pro in the Installer?
My GSX test scenario (unless otherwise stated):
Sandbox environment
GSX v 2.9.1 (as of 20 Jan 2023)
Fenix A320, PMDG 737-800, ATR-72
EDDL (JustSim), EDDK (Aerosoft), both not Marketplace
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic
no antivirus or firewall software running
all apps started in admin mode

BrianT58

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2023, 01:48:24 pm »
@Thomasba:

Did you unlink GSX Pro in the Installer?
No everthing in the installer stays as is. any updates are made in the FSDream folder and then I remove and add all addons in addons linker to make sure the community folder has the latest files. It sounds more work than it is, but it does work without problem.
Regards
Brian