Author Topic: [Solved] Variable for By-Pass-Bin not working  (Read 946 times)

Fragtality

[Solved] Variable for By-Pass-Bin not working
« on: April 18, 2023, 09:46:45 pm »
The Variable FSDT_GSX_BYPASS_PIN does not change during Pushback, it stays 0 all the Time.

Is it supposed to work?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 01:55:22 pm by Fragtality »

Fragtality

Re: Variable for By-Pass-Bin not working
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 01:43:45 pm »
*bump*

Fragtality

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 07:28:57 pm »
*bump again*

I know there are more important Problems and that you're very busy ... but on the other Hand: it is just a simple Yes / No Question.

pilot3033

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2023, 01:40:01 am »
Is it causing an issue? I've run into an issue on the FBW a few times where the bypass pin is never removed. Whether or not it fixes the problem, I've found that not switching from interior to exterior views frequently results in correct GSX behavior most often.

Fragtality

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2023, 03:07:36 am »
No, Push-Back is working fine.

But the Variable is preferable for Plane specific Integrations into/for GSX - e.g. showing ECAM Messages like "NWS STRG DISC" accurately respectively in Synch with the GSX Animation/Audio. Since there is a Variable which presumably reports that, I wonder if it is supposed to work. I mean, there must be Reason why it exists, or?^^

FerrevmVnion

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2023, 12:17:55 pm »
@Fragtality

After i asked you in your git resp i found out the "NW STRG DISC" is enabled/disabled by using the L-VAR "FSDT_VAR_Frozen"

Fragtality

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2023, 07:38:10 pm »
Well, that might be (although not entirely correct) - but that does not answer the Question in any way.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2023, 01:11:53 pm »
As I replied to you on Discord, the variable was never documented, and it will work in the next update. Its usage is not that different from the FSDT_Frozen variable, but there are some differences:

- The FSDT_Frozen will tell airplane developers the moment GSX froze the airplane, so they can use it to disable any kind of custom systems they might have in place that might be affected by it which would end up conflicting with GSX moving the airplane while frozen. Note that, a developer could have checked even the standard FREEZE SimVars as well, but there are several of them, this one is just one variable, so it might be easier to check, even more now that L: variables can be checked directly with Simconnect without using a WASM module in between.

- The FSDT_GSX_BYPASS_PIN is similar, but is tied to the precise moment the bypass pin is inserted/removed, which might not always happening at the same time as the freeze of the airplane, so it might be more useful to precisely turn off systems specifically related to the steering.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 01:16:43 pm by virtuali »

Fragtality

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2023, 01:55:05 pm »
Thanks again :)

The Check on the Frozen-Variable is indeed implemented and was not the Issue. The Motivation is to get the precise Moment when the Pin is inserted to have the "visuals" synchronized (showing the related ECAM as long as the Pin is inserted).

I assume it will be 1 (true) and 0 (false), right? (Yep it is ^^)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 05:51:02 pm by Fragtality »