Author Topic: Couldn't find valid airport data at this position-services are not available  (Read 985 times)

FinnairAY

• FinnairAY
Hi Guys

I have read multiple posts on this topic, some old and some newer.

I am currently at EGYM (A freeware scenery downloaded from flightsim.to) and get the message "couldnt find valid airport data at this position-services are not available".

The previous posts have left me quite cofused. Before the lastes MSFS update, when I was using this scenery, I had functioning GSX options and menu. Now I only get this message above.

I think that GSX is now using a different source of airport data, right?

How can I get this and other sceneries (Older and perhaps the dev hasnt included the source files needed??) to function again ? is it possible or do I just have to hope the developer updates the scenery ???

Sorry if this sounds stupid but I just need a lttle help to understand what happened and what I can do about it.

Thanks C
Carl
hms.orpheus(at)gmail.com

FinnairAY

• FinnairAY
Is there any possibilty for a reply on this, I have so many airports giving me this message? Even if someone out there who can direct me to the right topic track ? Is there any fix  ?
Carl
hms.orpheus(at)gmail.com

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
GSX is taking data from the simulator itself, it doesn't know anymore where it's coming from, which means:

- If you are using a GSX profile, it's your responsibility to be sure it's correct for that airport, since GSX can't chose it automatically based on the loaded .BGL because...there's no "loaded .BGL" anymore when the Navdata is used.

- Using the Navdata, will inherit any possible scenery conflicts you might have. A conflict might happen for many reasons, like the scenery not correctly excluding the default Navdata ( which might have been updated in the sim ), the scenery not loading in the correct order and possibly conflict by GSX jetway replacement files, but this not possible in this airport, since there's not jetway replacement file for that airport in GSX.

When using Navdata, it's your responsibility to be sure you don't have any scenery conflict. They usually can be spotted by seeing double parking spots in the World Map.

Lastly, the scenery MIGHT really have error, and I'm afraid with freeware this happens very often. In one case, where another user had the same problem with GSX reporting no valid data, it was caused by a missing runway->taxiway link in the scenery, which made the airport invalid and WAS fixed by the scenery developer.