Author Topic: Loading menu not loading  (Read 2032 times)

Abass

Loading menu not loading
« on: April 13, 2023, 06:39:17 pm »
I’ve tried just about everything and just did a uninstall and reinstalled everything. I get into the sim and when I click on gsx it stays stuck loading any other suggestions?

e4logics

Re: Loading menu not loading
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 02:39:33 pm »
Same issue.

dcrowe

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 06:31:32 pm »
same

Abass

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 07:21:42 pm »
Thought it was just me. I bought this over a month ago and yet to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2023, 12:42:05 am »
The most common cause of this problem is the antivirus:

- Configure the antivirus and add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS

- Run the FSDT Live Update again, after you do the above.

If still doesn't work, the thread here explains what you need to do to provide a diagnostic log:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

Abass

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2023, 01:49:56 am »
First off I did add the manager addon folder to exclusions as well as my community folder. And I ran the offline installer but did not touch the live updater. Still no luck. I tried that log method only thing came back was airport cache=0.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2023, 01:55:33 am »
I tried that log method only thing came back was airport cache=0.

I don't think you understood what the log instructions say. You are not supposed to see anything appearing on that file, other than the line YOU must add to it to ENABLE logging, that is

logFile=Couatl.LOG

THEN, on the next startup, you see a NEW file, called Couatl.LOG, which will be created. This one needs to be ZIPPED and ATTACHED to a post for examination.

Abass

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2023, 02:45:51 am »
So just making sure I add enable logging in that note pad. Then run the engine?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2023, 10:55:23 am »
So just making sure I add enable logging in that note pad. Then run the engine?

Yes, using the "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" icon on the Desktop, with the simulator running. Assuming, of course, it hasn't already started it automatically ( as it normally does ), so in the case you should not try starting manually, just check it's doing a log, after the sim arrived on the Main Menu.

Abass

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2023, 12:49:20 pm »
I followed your instructions even placed the addon manager to exclusion list. Couatl_MSFS.ini to Virtuali folder than ran the sim to the main menu no log was created.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2023, 02:23:38 pm »
I followed your instructions even placed the addon manager to exclusion list. Couatl_MSFS.ini to Virtuali folder than ran the sim to the main menu no log was created.

Then either your edited the Couatl_MSFS.INI wrong, or the program hasn't even started. To be sure if the Couatl_MSFS.INI to be correct, don't edit it manually, use the one posted in the Sticky thread "How to report an error"

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

If you are sure your Couatl_MSFS.INI is correct (if you use the one posted there, it's surely correct), the most likely case is the program hasn't even started, so it cannot create a log. In this case, follow the suggestions I already posted in my previous reply:

- Configure the antivirus and add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS

- Run the FSDT Live Update again, after you do the above.

Abass

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2023, 03:38:52 pm »
Also other things I noticed is the folders in the community have shortcut icons is that normal?

Abass

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2023, 03:44:38 pm »
Also I used the pre made Couatl_MSFS but I added ini to it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2023, 09:15:19 am »
Also I used the pre made Couatl_MSFS but I added ini to it.

The reason why there's a pre-made Couatl_MSFS.ini is precisely so you don't have to modify anything about it. Why you "added to it" and what, considering it already has the one and only line required to make the log working ?

Also other things I noticed is the folders in the community have shortcut icons is that normal?

Of course it is. It would be abnormal if you didn't. Quoting from the GSX Manual, Page 3:

IMPORTANT

We don’t install anything in the Community folder! All FSDT products, regardless if they are for FSX, P3D or MSFS, will be installed in the FSDT “Addon Manager”
folder. While there’s no “Addon Manager” program for MSFS, we kept this folder structure to make updates easier, because the FSDT Universal Installer will only operate on the “Addon Manager” folder, doing installs or updates, and nothing is copied in your simulator Community folder, other than a Symbolic Link. Through the Universal Installer you can even momentarily disable an add-on from the Community folder, but keep it installed so you won’t have to reinstall it again.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 09:16:59 am by virtuali »

Demon

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2023, 04:41:08 pm »
Dear FSDT Team,

I have the same problem that GSX opens the menu and is loading infinite. This I have done trying to solve the problem (without success):

-uninstall ALL of GSX compounds (Addon Manager + all downloaded files)
-uninstall MSFS and reinstall clean
-opened MSFS -> load flight -> open GSX menu -> loadingscreen from GSX appears -> close and restart couatl -> still loading screen
-I dont use anti virus, only Windows Defender -> no threat detected so I can't authorize the Addon Manager Folder and Community for anti virus.

It used to work tho, but I cant say, from which point it stopped working. I was not flying with A320 by FBW coz this gives me all the time a CTD while loading and I cant fix this either. All other planes work and I have nothing else newly installed in the community folder which might interfear with GSX.

here is my ZIP from the log file in great hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 09:00:40 pm by Demon »