Author Topic: NATOPS Mission Group  (Read 22115 times)

Afterburn93

• "I've got this thing floored!"
Re: NATOPS Mission Group
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 05:04:12 pm »
A/B...

Great video.  Nails the point.  I agree with 3 seconds because it shouldnt take anymore than that to do ALL of what was discussed earlier.  Even in the video, you can see the jet launch, pull up, and maintain his climb for about a full second, then turn out.  I hope nobody thought everything I talked about doing took more than 3 seconds, cause it doesnt.

Raz...
I agree, any way you wanna do it, since within FSX we dont have "cold" cats or engine loss on takeoff, its pilot's discretion... so no big deal, as long as the turn gets done.

BTW, not to open up another "Hornet's Nest", but IF we get the SuperBug tomorrow (yes, I said tomorrow), are all the SuperBug buyers up for running a session of 4 or more tomorrow nite?  If so, I say we get at least four, just start up a session, jump in and go from there.  Basically, I just want to see how the session will handle 4 or more Bugs.

Now, Ive never owned the SuperBug, so are there options for a hot start and launch?  I can learn to do cold start procedures on my own time, just wanting to know if we can get in a scenario up and running.  Would do that just to get into a multi session and flying and see how the bird flies.  Also, anyone gonna be up at midnite waiting?

Later
Sludge

Hey Sludge,

As for the nite session, I can make it but only for a little while, just to see how it handles. The problem I will be having is timing, only because I have two tests the next day, and have to study. I figure that it's just my luck ;) So if at all possible, can we make the session at 7 or so your time Sludge? I will be studying before then, but I do want to make this test-out session by ALL means. Geez, I still can't wait any longer.

I am very curious about the exact time that it will actually "come out". Also, Simon, if you are out there, tell us how it is when ya get it ;)

A/B
Benjamin "Afterburn" Rothstein (A/B, Candlewacs)

"Is that an Uzi in your handbag... or are you just pleased to see me?"

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 05:18:29 pm »
A/B...

Yeah no problem, 7 should work, Ill be getting home right around then and will get right online so we can fly.

Later
Sludge

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 07:22:09 pm »
Hey Ben

It's awesome... I cant beleive how amazing it is!!  the cockpit is so lifelike there is a cold start option
and a complete start up option the only negative thing I can say is...

I dont have it yet !!!   :P

Sorry I couldnt resist ..cos Im such a sick sonofabeech  ;D

the above info is from the horses mouth(varmint) not personal experience
The sick twisted little part of my personality thought it would be
fun to let you think that i had it already... sorry dude

I think we are all going to get it at the same time ...time zone
difference or not, the only thing that might be different is one of us might
be sleeping at the moment it is released but I think the date and time will
relate to the VRS time zone which I beleive is GMT -8 ?

Oh yeah ..consider yourself neutrinoed  ;D

Sonofabeech out
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

Razgriz

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 08:09:20 pm »
A/B...

Great video.  Nails the point.  I agree with 3 seconds because it shouldnt take anymore than that to do ALL of what was discussed earlier.  Even in the video, you can see the jet launch, pull up, and maintain his climb for about a full second, then turn out.  I hope nobody thought everything I talked about doing took more than 3 seconds, cause it doesnt.

Raz...
I agree, any way you wanna do it, since within FSX we dont have "cold" cats or engine loss on takeoff, its pilot's discretion... so no big deal, as long as the turn gets done.

BTW, not to open up another "Hornet's Nest", but IF we get the SuperBug tomorrow (yes, I said tomorrow), are all the SuperBug buyers up for running a session of 4 or more tomorrow nite?  If so, I say we get at least four, just start up a session, jump in and go from there.  Basically, I just want to see how the session will handle 4 or more Bugs.

Now, Ive never owned the SuperBug, so are there options for a hot start and launch?  I can learn to do cold start procedures on my own time, just wanting to know if we can get in a scenario up and running.  Would do that just to get into a multi session and flying and see how the bird flies.  Also, anyone gonna be up at midnite waiting?

Later
Sludge

In the ACM, there's an option for the hot-start where all your switches were left in their last position (same with engines,mfds,etc), or the default position if never flown.

Attached is a picture of my ACM for the VRS Superhornet for FS9. (See the checkbox that says [√]Cold/Dark Startup)

Orion

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 09:08:15 am »
I think we are all going to get it at the same time ...time zone
difference or not, the only thing that might be different is one of us might
be sleeping at the moment it is released but I think the date and time will
relate to the VRS time zone which I beleive is GMT -8 ?

Oh yeah ..consider yourself neutrinoed  ;D

Sonofabeech out
Yep, I'm with Simon.  Who'd be crazy enough to release on a per time zone basis? :P

sonofabeech

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 09:53:55 am »
Im sure that if you have been avidly checking the VRS website every 5 minutes like I have, you would have seen the following comment from Varmint at VRS
In case you haven't:

Re: Is the FSX Bird On Schedule?
by VRS Varmint ยป Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:46 pm

"The first guy that says "where is it" after midnight is going to have his license deactivated - seriously.

We're going right to the last minute on this and that means as late as 11:59PM PST on the 8th. Why? Because we're still working on her and we want things nice and smooth. I literally just got the sounds back from Scott at A2A, so we're going to shake things down real good. When we release, I'll obviously post it, but some of you who preorderd aren't going to get emails for many many hours afterwards. We can only send so many at a time before the host starts getting pissy.

My advice would be to sit back and relax because nothing you can do is going to make things happen and faster.

Almost there now, but again, we going right to the end of the day on Thursday before we roll out....
Jon "Varmint" Blum
Vertical Reality Simulation

So there you have it  here endeth the speculations....
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

cl0ud

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 09:47:23 pm »
Is this NATOPS mission group still active?

Razgriz

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 05:32:15 am »
Gravedigging, woo.

Me and Sludge are going to go ahead and try to get this group re-going after the release of the Sludge Hornet Modification, v1.2 (very soon).  If anyone has questions about the pattern or anything, post here.

Anyway, in a nutshell, any pilots who wish to fly in the NATOPS mission group is expected to fly a structured pattern and flight, following procedures.  All landings will be graded and debriefed, as usual.

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 09:48:09 am »
Gravedigging, woo.

Me and Sludge are going to go ahead and try to get this group re-going after the release of the Sludge Hornet Modification, v1.2 (very soon).  If anyone has questions about the pattern or anything, post here.

Anyway, in a nutshell, any pilots who wish to fly in the NATOPS mission group is expected to fly a structured pattern and flight, following procedures.  All landings will be graded and debriefed, as usual.

Hey Razgriz,

I would also like to fly with you and sludge on the NATOPS mission group.

How could I make that happen.

Regards,

Mickey

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 10:01:36 am »
TS:
Address:69.138.175.244
Port:9987

Razgriz/Sludge,

This server doesn't work for me. Is it put up only at times when the missions are planned for start.

If you guys ever have another session up, please do let me know, and I would like to join up.

Thanks

Mickey

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 05:12:09 pm »
Raz...

Slow down a bit, or lets re-phrase it this way;  if you come into the NATOPS Mission Group, you will be expected to TRY to fly structured patterns and flight profiles and use the correct voice comms.

To all...

Anybody can come and fly who is willing to learn.  I dont care if you know ZIPP-O about carrier patterns and such, if you want to learn, we can help.  Also, we are NOT the end-all, be-all... as sometimes we have problems/questions about carrier pattern stuff (ie. clearing turn to BRC timing, when to start the 180 turn, etc.) that we dont know the answers to, so we find out.  What we do have are alot of resources (NATOPS, real-world Hornet pilots, Y/T carrier landing and HUD videos) we can reference in our attempts to be as realistic as FSX allows.

Will try to start this up after the Sludge v1.2 is wide-released.

Later
Sludge

GOONIE

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 08:14:59 pm »
"106, Hornet Ball, 6.7"

Just in time for the colder weather and shorter days! Look for me in the break.

-Capt
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Razgriz

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 11:03:59 pm »
you will be expected to TRY to fly structured patterns and flight profiles and use the correct voice comms.

Well, yeah, what Sludge said.  All I can ask is that you try to fly in a realistic manor and attempt.  You'll all get PMs after I release the Sluge Hornet Modification v1.2 installer that I made.

sonofabeech

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2010, 12:48:19 am »
Raz , please can you add me to your list of people to pm
Sonofabeech out
Simon"Sonofa"Beech

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2010, 02:00:15 pm »
Raz , please can you add me to your list of people to pm
Sonofabeech out

Raz, me too.
Thx