Author Topic: Wrong stand numbers  (Read 1190 times)

Philipp

Wrong stand numbers
« on: April 07, 2023, 11:44:55 pm »
Hi, I really enjoy your tool, as it most of the time works quite well without bugs.

But one thing I nearly see on every flight is the wrong names or numbers of the parking stands at the arriving airport. As I'm taxiing in or even approaching an airport I'm planning about the gate I would like to use. Or if online, I'm getting a gate assigned by ATC. But at most airport the numbers published e.g. at navigraph charts does not match up with GSX. So its a try-and-error-game with the new "show the spot"-function to determinate what number the parking spot has at GSX. It mostly does not fits at default airports, like LGIR, LICC or LEBL only to mention the last ones.

Is there a way of improvement? Any chance to see it working better in the future? Or any workaround?

Thanks for your answers.
Philipp

Richard1000

Re: Wrong stand numbers
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2023, 10:58:59 am »
In my experience default airports are usually wrong! Some of the high quality asobo ones are correct and payware ones should be!
I nearly always fly into better quality or payware, and navigraph, airfield and gsx usually agree.
Richard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 08:27:25 pm »
But at most airport the numbers published e.g. at navigraph charts does not match up with GSX.

GSX is not making up data or reads data from somewhere internal to it. GSX obtains data from the simulator itself, making a standard call to the Simconnet Navdata API so, what you'll see in GSX, will be exactly what the simulator is seeing, good or bad.

If a scenery doesn't match current aviation data, it's only a problem caused by whoever made the scenery, GSX has no effect on that, it will just use what's in the simulator already.

That's because you reported "GSX" doesn't match navigraph charts ( when in fact it was the sim not matching it ).

If, instead, you notice you see some parking spots in the World Map in the sim, and those are different than what you have in GSX, than it's a completely different issue, and might possibly indicate conflicting sceneries installer.

Philipp

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2023, 12:01:26 pm »
Thanks for the answer. So I can better understand what's wrong here. So the problem is not made by GSX, it's made by MSFS or the scenery data. Thanks for the hint to the world map. So there is a possibility to "translate" the numbers from charts to simulator.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2023, 11:54:47 pm »
Thanks for the hint to the world map. So there is a possibility to "translate" the numbers from charts to simulator.

The only way to have the scenery in MSFS matching real world data, is asking the developer of the scenery to update the scenery. In case of default airports, they sometimes get updated with better data, but there's no way to know when and how.

Richard1000

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023, 12:34:41 pm »
Just proved myself wrong!

Landed at WSSS Changi Singapore. Gate offered by ground and by gsx don't exist! Oddly the (payware, excellent) scenery has the correct gate labels which matches with navigraph.
I will try starting there later, but will report this to the developer
Richard

Richard1000

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2023, 02:35:08 pm »
Now quite confused! The world map shows both the 'correct' number and a second number as well (slightly apart from correct spot)
It makes me wonder if I have two wsss installed but cannot find a second version!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2023, 02:38:50 pm »
It makes me wonder if I have two wsss installed but cannot find a second version!

Yes, you have a conflict and, the most common case is forgetting to exclude the airport from GSX jetway replacement, which you should always do when installing a new scenery.