Author Topic: GSX crashing on remote stands  (Read 1004 times)

WizeSquirrel

GSX crashing on remote stands
« on: March 28, 2023, 10:46:01 pm »
GSX appears to be crashing when I load it on a remote stand.

It works just fine when there is a jetway, however, on remote stands, the ground equipment loads for 2 seconds before disappearing. Then, the GSX window just keeps on trying to load, and you cannot restart Couatl.

Been happening with the fenix a320, fbw and a321 fbw merge.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX crashing on remote stands
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 09:40:58 am »
Your log please, posted as explained here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

lufttanzer

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 07:41:18 pm »
Here is mine, I'm having the same issue.
Operate stairs for example, appear for a second, then disappear.
When I check the system tray, couatl is no longer running.
I can restart it whenever this happens, often with the same result.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 01:32:58 pm »
Here is mine, I'm having the same issue. Operate stairs for example, appear for a second, then disappear. When I check the system tray, couatl is no longer running. I can restart it whenever this happens, often with the same result.

Your log doesn't show that, it shows you selected a gate too small for your aircraft, and GSX just told you that, but didn't had any errors otherwise.

That is, according to your log. Clearly, if you posted a log made after you restarted, the previous log would be overwritten so, if there was an error in it, we won't know that.

lufttanzer

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 07:09:25 am »
Your log doesn't show that

Then it's not logging the crash.  Because I can assure you, couatl simply stops running about 50% of the time when I choose to operate stairs.  And I grabbed this log right after a couatl crash. 

and GSX just told you that

I adjusted the spot size, no change.

but didn't had any errors otherwise.

Don't know what to tell you man.
I can send you as many post crash logs as I want and it prob won't adequately show what I'm experiencing on my end. 
Maybe something with the vehicles.  Since this happens as the vehicles are loading in.

Here, have another log

GS

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2023, 11:54:44 am »
Then it's not logging the crash.  Because I can assure you, couatl simply stops running about 50% of the time when I choose to operate stairs.  And I grabbed this log right after a couatl crash. 

You can be sure if it happens ONLY when you operate stairs, it will log the crash.

I adjusted the spot size, no change.

If with "No change" you means you still see the "parking too small" message which was present in your log, it's impossible this could still appear if you adjusted the size. And in fact, your new low doesn't have it, as expected.

Here, have another log

The parking too small problem is gone, so clearly something has change. Please clarify again exactly what happens. With "couatl simply stops running", you mean:

- It IS still running, but it not responsive, meaning you still have its icon in the Tray bar notification area ( note that you need to hover it with the mouse to be sure is still running ) ?

OR

- It just exited, so no traybar icon anymore (after you hover on it with the mouse) ?

lufttanzer

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2023, 05:31:16 pm »
You can be sure if it happens ONLY when you operate stairs, it will log the crash.

Evidently not my friend.  It's not logging anything of the sort.

Please clarify again exactly what happens. With "couatl simply stops running", you mean:

I will start the GSX Menu.  I will choose the option "operate stairs"  The stairs and cones will appear for a second or two, then disappear.  Now the GSX menu will not load.  When I check system tray, couatl is no longer there.  No longer running.  Manual restart of couatl required.  This only happens about half of the time.  On some other attempts, the vehicles all load normally.

Here, another log.  Grabbed immediately after couatl stopped running.  This time at a default airport, default stand.

lufttanzer

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2023, 05:31:41 pm »
Forgot to attach

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2023, 06:30:37 pm »
Please indicate the scenery used and, if it's not default, clearly identify the scenery.

lufttanzer

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2023, 10:46:32 pm »
LVFR Miami.  Not that it seems to matter, as it happens there, AND at default airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2023, 09:29:07 pm »
Please try again with today's update.