Author Topic: Container company logos  (Read 693 times)

Solarium

Container company logos
« on: March 27, 2023, 03:24:36 pm »
Would it be possible to have different container logos for different airlines rather than the standard jettainer logo, like they do in P3D?
It's nothing immersion ruining or anything just a feature I think could be cool to see again.
Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Container company logos
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 03:32:24 pm »
Sure, those customized containers were nice in FSX or P3D but, there was a cost to them, and it was adding ( as of today, it will only increase when new operators are introduced ) 3587 new Simobjects in the list of the objects available in the simulator.

This has a great impact on the simulator loading time and, while P3D still loads reasonably fast even with all those objects added ( although it's way faster in P3D 4, were we had Render To Texture with DirectX, so the ULD were just 11 ), considering how longer it takes to start MSFS, we don't want to be the bad guys single-handedly contributing the most to a slow startup time.

Of course, should MS/Asobo ever to add our suggestion to have any kind of Render to Texture feature, which will offer benefits far more widespread than just that:

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/idea/349/render-to-texture-features-loading-gauges-on-any-o.html

We'll be the first jumping on the feature.

Solarium

Re: Container company logos
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 05:51:48 pm »
Yeah I figured there was a reason it wasn't implemented here, I don't want to think about what that many objects would do to my MSFS startup times.
Hopefully one day Asobo get on that, and glad to know if they do that this could be in the works.