Author Topic: Ground crew disappearing  (Read 1360 times)

jonz747

Ground crew disappearing
« on: March 18, 2023, 05:17:17 pm »
Recently I've noticed the ground crew is not walking back to the gate anymore, they just disappear after they wave and so does all the equipment. Is there a setting that allows them to walk back rather than just going poof and extending the length of time the vehicle stays?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ground crew disappearing
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 05:21:12 pm »
We cannot reproduce this and nobody reported it.

Please provide full reproduction steps, indicating the airplane, the airport, the scenery used and the gate where this can happen, so we can verify it.

jonz747

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 08:46:33 pm »
All my aircraft= Fenix. pmdg all variants and both freeware as in the video and payware airports. Payware KMCI, TIST, been getting it for a while now since two updates or so back. I don't remember gate but will let you know on my next flight as it is 100% reproducible on my end. I am on latest update, Please see video

https://youtu.be/x4P4PiQOz7I
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 10:31:09 am by virtuali »

jonz747

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 08:59:53 pm »
KORD C23 uninterrupted pushback with Fenix a320. Just looked back in my videos and saw that one. In the link I posted airport is KFLO, not sure of the gate
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 09:03:33 pm by jonz747 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023, 10:33:49 am »
Seeing the initial position of the vehicles, which is too close to the airplane ( resulting in the tow truck doing a strange movement because it started too close to the airplane ), it seem the issue might be caused by the parking radius being a bit too small, so GSX is removing all vehicles because it thinks you are well outside of the parking spot.

See if it improves by setting a larger parking radius, which seems to be reasonable since you have plenty of space there, and the vehicles will move better too.

jonz747

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2023, 11:05:59 am »
This is not a one off. I have it at all airports regardless of the conditions. Obviously I won’t post a video of every airport but I fly three to four times a day and this happens at every single airport including your airports such as Kord as mentioned and I also gave you the gate for it, orbx airports, freeware airports and it happens at all size gates It can’t be that the radius have changed all of a sudden at all my airports when I never had this issue before and I bought gsx on launch so what you’re suggesting is not reasonable at all just the opposite.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2023, 02:59:39 pm »
what you’re suggesting is not reasonable at all just the opposite

What I'm suggesting it's obviously reasonable and I can't see how you could possibly say it's the "opposite", considering I know for sure there's a threshold distance where GSX consider you are outside a parking, which is added to the parking size, to arrive to a total distance after which all services are removed, no matter what, to be sure nothing is left there by the time you take off, but also considering the chance you might even decide to taxi back in on the same parking ( or another one ), for any reason, that's why GSX correctly need to be sure no vehicles are left in the departure parking spot after you are over a certain distance from it.

And yes, a while ago it wasn't a distance, the thing that triggered the removal of vehicles was throttling up, but this proven to be unreliable, so we change it at some time ( not very recently, probably months ago ), to be based on a distance.

Which of course, as anything with GSX, might be changed, so we might just have to increase it a bit, so you won't notice it anymore, because you would be already far from the parking spot.

jonz747

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2023, 03:41:22 pm »
I say it’s unreasonable because what you’re saying would apply to all my airports in the sim. Changing the radius for all my airports is not reasonable or practical. Would this apply also to fsdt Chicago airport at gate C25 I believe it is or are you only referring to the instance in the video? I haven’t tinkered with gsx, rather just use it as plug and play so I install and outside of profiles I might download I haven’t changed anything in any airport so please advise or point me to where I can find out how to change radiuses  as I strongly believe your suggestion is way off mark but will try it as  it’s really killing the immersion for me

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2023, 10:01:47 am »
I say it’s unreasonable because what you’re saying would apply to all my airports in the sim. Changing the radius for all my airports is not reasonable or practical.

I never said it should apply to "all airports in the sim". I made a comment to a precise situation, which was the one reported in that video. And in THAT video, the parking was clearly too small, both for the airplane in use, but also considering how much space you had around it.

You seems to be worried about "immersion killing" for something very minor that happens at the very end of the service: shouldn't be more worried the too small parking radius was causing way more serious issues to the service itself, like the weird path the tow truck made to approach the airplane, or the generally unrealistic starting position of the vehicles ?

That is to say, if you the airport is badly designed and needs GSX customization, if you don't do it, you are going to have FAR worse issues than that.

As I've said, the threshold distance to remove all objects used in the previous service, depends on TWO things:

- An certain distance.

- The parking radius that is ADDED to it.

We can ( and as I've already said we will ) work on the first item, but you can also work on the first one, which in YOUR case was making this all the more noticeable.

jonz747

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2023, 12:09:27 pm »
It seems like you tend to cherry pick what issues you want from complaints. I mentioned this happens to all airports and you questioned what I said because no one had made a previous complaint so I sent you video as proof, but seems I need to record a video for every flight and upload for you to then pick something that I’m not concerned about to distract from what I’m actually complaining about.. I mentioned it happens at every single airport hence why I made the post and was looking for a solution to the problem of disappearing gsx at all airports in my sim. I honestly don’t know why I even bothered to post in the first place because for every single post your attitude is one of holier than thou. I don’t care about that particular airport, it was a video to back up what I was saying. What I care about is a solution for gsx doing that at every single airport in the sim at the beginning of my flight. If you are not going to help then just say so but don’t come patronizing and you have no right to tell me what I should or should not be worried about. Your attitude to customers seems to be getting worse and worse and o do hope people read these forums before they buy something from you to see what they have to contend with at the end of the day if they need help with an issue. I welcome the day when you truly have competition as you can get away with it only as long as you hold a monopoly.

alexberry

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2023, 03:39:19 pm »
FWIW I've noticed this happening for me too.  After pushback, once tug's removed and marshaller walks out in front of aircraft.  Once they wave the pin tag or whatever, they just vanish in a puff of smoke (not literally, no credit given for that special effect, although I quite like the idea perhaps as an April Fool...)

jonz747

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2023, 03:58:32 pm »
Thank you, I do hope that others reading and are experiencing this also mention it as well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2023, 05:15:32 pm »
It seems like you tend to cherry pick what issues you want from complaints.

I'm not obviously "cherry-picking" anything. If you read carefully what I wrote, it would have been clear there are be TWO fronts where this can be solved, one depending on the parking spot size, the other depending on our own internal logic.

Where, exactly, I ever said we won't act on our part ?