Author Topic: duplicate ground vehicle  (Read 1561 times)

Matty50p

duplicate ground vehicle
« on: March 16, 2023, 05:53:47 pm »
Hello, the issue I have with gsx is, I see a duplicate of every ground vehicle at the stand/gate before and after editing. I do believe this issue is on my side but I don't know how to fix it am I missing a tick box? or is it something in the editor? or is it something in the gsx settings?

after I've edited the ground vehicles they go to the positions I've assigned them to but the other duplicates stay next to the aircraft (see images below)

« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 06:16:32 pm by Matty50p »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: duplicate ground vehicle
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 11:38:29 am »
Those are not duplicate GSX vehicles, they are Airport Service vehicles controlled by the simulator, that happen to LOOK like GSX vehicles, because GSX has replace them. They will be removed when you start GSX service for your airplane.

Matty50p

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 12:39:30 pm »
Hi thanks for your reply, I started boarding and the duplicates still stay even on pushback. I restarted my sim and requested the ground services from the FBW fly pad and it used mfs ground models NOT my edited gsx models nor did my edited models appear.

pictures below

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2023, 12:50:45 pm »
I restarted my sim and requested the ground services from the FBW fly pad and it used mfs ground models NOT my edited gsx models nor did my edited models appear.

I can assure you the Airport Service vehicles are removed by GSX.

However, if they have been created by the FBW, it's possible they can't be removed, especially if the FBW created the vehicles *AFTER* you started a GSX service, because GSX will only try once to remove ground vehicles around you, it won't keep trying removing things.

Some vehicles provided by the airplane cannot just be removed, this is the case with PMDG for example, that keep setting their positions at every frame, which is why GSX has a specific method to remove those, by calling the relevant function in the PMDG FMC that makes them go away. I don't know if FBW does something similar and, if it does, it would need a similar treatment but, since FBW has added GSX integration, perhaps it might be easier if they did it from their side.

You can recognize a "proper" GSX vehicle from an Airport Service vehicle that is replaced by GSX in look, but not controlled by it, by noticing:

- the vehicle doesn't start at the positions you set in the vehicle customization page. This because they are started and placed by the simulator, not by GSX.

- the Baggage Loader truck is leading a row of default Baggage Cart, which can be recognized looking at their luggage, which are different than GSX.

HeicoH

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2023, 12:56:57 pm »
I think the best way to get rid of ground vehicles that are not provided by GSX is to set every parameter to zero in the SERVICES section of the aircraft.cfg.
My GSX test scenario (unless otherwise stated):
Sandbox environment
GSX v 2.9.1 (as of 20 Jan 2023)
Fenix A320, PMDG 737-800, ATR-72
EDDL (JustSim), EDDK (Aerosoft), both not Marketplace
GSX jetways disabled
no AI traffic
no antivirus or firewall software running
all apps started in admin mode

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2023, 01:03:52 pm »
I think the best way to get rid of ground vehicles that are not provided by GSX is to set every parameter to zero in the SERVICES section of the aircraft.cfg.

Sure, as long they are not created and managed by the airplane code. 

And by being careful to disable only vehicles, not jetways, because we got reports from users that removed all services there, then reported here jetways stopped to work, assuming it was a GSX problem.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 01:06:00 pm by virtuali »

Matty50p

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2023, 01:19:13 pm »

Is this something you have tried and tested and still works fine ?

Thanks for the help btw

got it all working now just did as you said thank you for the help guys 8)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 04:25:20 pm by Matty50p »