Author Topic: Gateway pulls away when I start boarding  (Read 866 times)

timothyj6767

Gateway pulls away when I start boarding
« on: March 08, 2023, 01:39:27 am »
The gateways have started to pull away now after I updated recently gsx pro and msfs2020 ..They used to stay in place during boarding.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gateway pulls away when I start boarding
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 09:50:19 am »
GSX surely doesn't move jetways during boarding.

One common reason for this problem, is using an airplane that also operates the jetways automatically ( like the Fenix ), and they are possibly sending the jetway toggle command at the same time, resulting in the jetway first extending than retracting, that's why you need to disable this function from the Fenix if you use GSX.

Another common reason for this problem, is the jetway is not really retracting: it just showing a loss of sync of LODs, which is a known MSFS bug that has been found (and reported) over a year ago, that happens with default jetways at default airports without GSX installed, more explanations here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28527.msg186293.html#msg186293

timothyj6767

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 05:05:04 am »
It does pull away as soon as request boarding

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 08:53:53 am »
It does pull away as soon as request boarding

No, it doesn't. Surely not with the latest update that uses SU12 to know about the jetway status.

If you updated GSX to the latest version and it still happens to you, the only possible explanation is a problem with Simconnect, due to the sim reaching the maximum number of objects in a scene, usually caused by AI injection, see here for some explanation:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,29576.msg192029.html#msg192029

However, to confirm yours is this problem, it would be best to check your log, and see if you also got the error 99, which means "Simconnect internal error", which causes Jetways to not be detected correctly.