Author Topic: GSX NOT LOADING  (Read 5181 times)

Xanys

Re: GSX NOT LOADING
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2023, 05:38:36 pm »
It even sets up the cones, but nothing more.

- While most users found enabling Windows 8 compatibility mode for the Couatl executable made it more stable in flight, other user have reported it doesn't work for them so, go into this folder:

\Addon Manager\couatl64

Right click on the Couatl64_MSFS.exe file, select Properties -> Compatibility -> Disable Windows 8 Compatibility.

I don't think I have that anywhere. I just have FSDT Installer, not the Addon Manager from you. Do I need to have it? I always was able to use GSX without it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2023, 08:50:09 am »
I don't think I have that anywhere. I just have FSDT Installer, not the Addon Manager from you. Do I need to have it? I always was able to use GSX without it.

I think you are confusing the FSDT Installer with the Offline installer, which is called Addon Manager setup, because it installs the latest code updates to the Addon Manager folder, which is the overall FSDT folder when all our products are installed in any case.

So yes, you surely have an Addon Manager folder, which is where you originally chose as destination for FSDT the first time you installed the FSDT Installer. By default is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager

But of course, if you chose another non-default path, it can be elsewhere.

Xanys

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2023, 02:20:33 pm »
It even sets up the cones, but nothing more.

That means GSX is working, just the toolbar menu isn't. The usual suggestions:

- Be sure your firewall is off

- Configure the antivirus and add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusion.

- While most users found enabling Windows 8 compatibility mode for the Couatl executable made it more stable in flight, other user have reported it doesn't work for them so, go into this folder:

\Addon Manager\couatl64

Right click on the Couatl64_MSFS.exe file, select Properties -> Compatibility -> Disable Windows 8 Compatibility.

Set my hole Addon Manager folder into my Bithefender antivirus exclusion, tried with Windows 8 compatibility and without it and nothing.

I suppose Windows 11 isn't an issue, right?

Xanys

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2023, 02:49:56 pm »
And as you can see GSX works, it's just the menu... https://gyazo.com/7501586de883be8248618f85a87c02fb

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2023, 03:13:52 pm »
And as you can see GSX works, it's just the menu... https://gyazo.com/7501586de883be8248618f85a87c02fb

That doesn't indicate GSX is working, it might be one of the Living World vehicles that has been replaced by GSX, but are not controlled by it.

No, of course Windows 11 is not the problem, the antivirus most likely is, or some other add-on in conflict. Try to disable every other add-on in the Community ( very easy if you have use the Addon Linker ), and see if you can test GSX alone.

Xanys

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2023, 07:36:14 pm »
Not sure on what I did but I accomplished to go down to the first version of GSX, 0.1.0. And in that one, it works perfectly fine

Xanys

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2023, 07:37:27 pm »
And now, I can't update the product at all.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2023, 09:48:09 am »
And now, I can't update the product at all.

You have a error reported downloading a file which surely exists, the url is surely correct, and nobody else has a problem with it ( otherwise nobody would be even able to install GSX to begin with ).

So the only possible explanation is:

- your firewall or antivirus is blocking access to that site. Turn off the firewall and be sure the antivirus is configured to have the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- your ISP might have mistakenly blocked access to our download url.

- your local cloudflare node might be down, or being prevented access by your ISP.

To troubleshoot the last two cases, you might try using a VPN to download, this one is supposed to be quite good, even in the free version:

http://www.protonvpn.com

If you can download with a VPN, then you can be sure the problem is something related to your ISP.