Author Topic: Marshaller positions request, 'cause always in blind spot  (Read 1023 times)

SN737

Marshaller positions request, 'cause always in blind spot
« on: March 05, 2023, 04:48:55 pm »
Is it possible to let the marshaller position a bit more to the left or right when pushing back finishes and he waves or shows the pin. Since I fly the 737 and assume the majority does, he positions always in blind spots (when pushing left or right). Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Marshaller positions request, 'cause always in blind spot
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 04:51:12 pm »
The Marshaller position can be customized for each parking in every direction, just like the Stop position, and they both contribute to the chance of having the Marshaller being visible.

SN737

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 04:23:04 pm »
Well then, it's not the marshaller I'm refering to. It's the guy that follows you when pushing back. (wingman or whatever)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 05:52:20 pm »
Well then, it's not the marshaller I'm refering to. It's the guy that follows you when pushing back. (wingman or whatever)

Well, you said marshaller, I assumed it was the marshaller.

No, the position the Wingwalker ( in fact, he does double duty as Wingwalker and Headset operator ) cannot be customized, it should probably be something to add to the airplane editor, but more than a position, it should be a distance, because the actual position is affected by the path taken during the pushback, so it won't always be the same and it won't even be always on the same side.

SN737

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023, 11:20:38 pm »
That would be great addition, editable distance would work hopefully for the blind spot issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023, 02:39:35 am »
That would be great addition, editable distance would work hopefully for the blind spot issue.

Note that you already have a fairly quick solution, by pressing the cursor keys while in Virtual Cockpit mode, to change your viewpoint.