Author Topic: Push/pull pushback procedures  (Read 1539 times)

xander975

Push/pull pushback procedures
« on: March 03, 2023, 04:31:13 am »
Some of the airports I fly to use a push and pull procedure when a plane is departing from the gate or parking spot.
Amsterdam, for example, has a push pull procedure from gate G2.

Currently the pushback tug will do a 180 and sits right under the plane as if it is pushing the plane while doing the pull procedure.
Is implementing the push pull procedure on the roadmap for GSX, or will it stay the same as it is now?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Push/pull pushback procedures
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 09:12:59 am »
This has been discussed so many times in the forum and yes, we definitely want to add pull capabilities to GSX sometimes in the future. However, it's not the easiest thing to do, and it will require major changes to the editor and the QuickEdit feature, since you would need a way to specify which legs should be in reverse and which ones in forward mode.

Currently the pushback tug will do a 180 and sits right under the plane as if it is pushing the plane while doing the pull procedure.

I guess that's just the automatic pushback. Although GSX can't do pull right now, and we are fully aware it is used in real life ( also to do gate-to-gate transfers, or pull-ins after landing ), I still haven't found a procedure that couldn't be done with right placement of custom waypoints and their orientation: FSDT KORD has some parking spots where the pushback is extremely difficult because there's just not enough space, yet we managed to do a custom pushback just fine.

Are you referring to Asobo default EHAM from MSFS Premium version ? If yes, I can have a look at G2 and see if I can come up with a good pushback with the tools we have now.

xander975

Re: Push/pull pushback procedures
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 07:40:01 pm »
Ah my apologies if this topic has been brought up for the umpteenth time.

Are you referring to Asobo default EHAM from MSFS Premium version ? If yes, I can have a look at G2 and see if I can come up with a good pushback with the tools we have now.
Not necessarily. I was actually talking about EHAM in general as an example, whether irl or in sim(doesn't matter if it is the default asobo scenery or from a different dev).

But I'm glad to hear that push pull procedures are on the roadmap for future features. I guess it's just a matter of patience.