Author Topic: GSX not loading during the sim  (Read 5146 times)

HamBen737

GSX not loading during the sim
« on: March 03, 2023, 02:57:06 am »
Hi after starting my flight, i'm unable to load the GSX menu. Since the last world update.

After looking at couatl.log file it says

Running in mode: Microsoft Flight Simulator
Python 2.7.16 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, Mar  9 2019, 21:32:11) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v4.8 (build 5122)
log started on Fri Mar  3 12:50:02 2023

connecting to SimConnect...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not loading during the sim
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 09:39:53 am »
- Turn off the firewall

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Add-on Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions list.

- Launch the FSDT Live Update again.

HamBen737

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 12:03:02 am »
Thank you but the menu still won't open during the sim?

new file attached

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 07:33:47 am »
have you tried  click on the  short  cut of  the  start coualti using  admin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 09:16:41 am »
Thank you but the menu still won't open during the sim?

The antivirus config has fixed the startup, now your log shows the program is starting just fine, but it seems you just started the simulator and then exited it without doing anything else.

HamBen737

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2023, 09:53:20 am »
That’s precisely the problem. I start the flight and sitting there on the gate, I click on the GSX menu and it spins for about 1 second and disappears. I click again and again and nothing happens. So I exit the flight.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2023, 10:25:25 am »
That’s precisely the problem. I start the flight and sitting there on the gate, I click on the GSX menu and it spins for about 1 second and disappears. I click again and again and nothing happens. So I exit the flight.

Is your log coming after you see the menu disappearing ? If it is, something is very wrong, since your log doesn't even show you in an airport, it looks like a log where you went to the main menu, and exited the sim.

Are you using AI Traffic injection perhaps ? With too high settings, it has been found when the maximum number of Simobject allowed in the sim is reached, Simconect starts to behave erratically, so the communication with GSX stops, which might explain your log ending early, since GSX is not receiving anything else from the sim.

HamBen737

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2023, 10:41:17 am »
At this stage I haven’t even started the traffic injection through the FlyBywire app.

After I closed the MSFS program I then went and got the log and then attached it. I will run another one but I’m not sure what or how I should be doing it different to the process I’ve done already.

HamBen737

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2023, 11:16:10 am »
This time i start the flight, i started a few aircraft systems and waited for about 5 minutes before attempting the GSX menu, then same problem as before spins for about 1 second then disappears. i retired a few times and same problem. I restarted the couatl in system tray waited a minute or so and same problem. I then tried loading from desktop icon and run as administrator and waited a minute and same problem. i then closed the flight and sent you this log.
There is no traffic injection running.

gromor

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2023, 11:31:10 am »
Hi.

+1 on this issue.

It happened suddenly yesterday. So i exited the sim and tried reloading but it did not help. I updated GSX via installer as i saw my version was 2.28 but that did not help either. I tried live update, reinstalling and with firewall off. Exclusions of the folders i have since P3D days. I can not get this to work.

The only thing i saw now is that couatl always was under the flightsimulator tab in the processes list in task manager. Now it it showing running separately. Don't know if this is correct.

Regards Morten

gromor

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2023, 12:02:33 pm »
So i sorted it. Turned out that i only used NZAA while experiencing this and i have landed here several times. I managed to only use gates during my experimenting that GSX did not recognize. In a update i just found out about this was fixed.

Could be the same issue for you if you use Flightbeam airport?

HamBen737

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2023, 07:46:18 am »
So i sorted it. Turned out that i only used NZAA while experiencing this and i have landed here several times. I managed to only use gates during my experimenting that GSX did not recognize. In a update i just found out about this was fixed.

Could be the same issue for you if you use Flightbeam airport?

I don't use any flightbeam airports, i have tried opening it on a variety of airports and different aircraft, it is the same problem everytime, menu won't give me any options to select, it just spins and disappears. It was working perfectly before the last World update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2023, 08:35:01 am »
There's a thread on Asobo developers forum the sim freezes when requesting Navdata in New Zealand, which seems to have appeared only after the latest World Updates:

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/14922/simconnect-nav-data-api-sim-freeze-with-default-ms.html

Maybe the problem happens also elsewhere, but hasn't been discovered yet but, if the sim freezes or Simconnect stops, it would also cause GSX to stop receiving callbacks from it, which is consistent with your logs, since it seems the sim just stopped talking with us.

Have you tried Disabling the SU10 Navdata option, so GSX will use its own airport cache and won't use the Navdata anymore ?

HamBen737

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2023, 02:45:30 am »
There's a thread on Asobo developers forum the sim freezes when requesting Navdata in New Zealand, which seems to have appeared only after the latest World Updates:

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/14922/simconnect-nav-data-api-sim-freeze-with-default-ms.html

Maybe the problem happens also elsewhere, but hasn't been discovered yet but, if the sim freezes or Simconnect stops, it would also cause GSX to stop receiving callbacks from it, which is consistent with your logs, since it seems the sim just stopped talking with us.

Have you tried Disabling the SU10 Navdata option, so GSX will use its own airport cache and won't use the Navdata anymore ?

I have tried with NAvdata SU10 disabled and makes no difference. My sim has not CTD or even frozen, the sim works fine, i just cant enter the menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2023, 02:47:46 am »
I have tried with NAvdata SU10 disabled and makes no difference. My sim has not CTD or even frozen, the sim works fine, i just cant enter the menu.

Try disabling all add-ons in the Community folder that have some kind of module ( especially AI traffic injectors, but not just that ), because the only possible reason for this, is Simconnect being broken by too  many add-ons using it, or too many objects in the sim, because after the maximum number of objects in the sim, Simconnect starts to become erratic.