Author Topic: neat video of the Sludge F/A18-A and TrackIR  (Read 14946 times)

Afterburn93

• "I've got this thing floored!"
Re: neat video of the Sludge F/A18-A and TrackIR
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 04:46:35 pm »
I would also like to try it out please.

frankwi@sbcglobal.net

Frank,

You can expect and E-mail later today including the Sludge Basic hornet.

A/B
Benjamin "Afterburn" Rothstein (A/B, Candlewacs)

"Is that an Uzi in your handbag... or are you just pleased to see me?"

frankwi

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 07:00:55 am »
Sorry, I never got it. Even went into the SPAM folder and not there either...

Afterburn93

• "I've got this thing floored!"
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 05:16:55 pm »
Sorry, I never got it. Even went into the SPAM folder and not there either...

Hey Frank,

I was going to send it, but Sludge sent me a pm that he would send you both Hornets. Sorry for the confusion, I will get you the files as soon as possible.

A/B
Benjamin "Afterburn" Rothstein (A/B, Candlewacs)

"Is that an Uzi in your handbag... or are you just pleased to see me?"

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 07:05:31 pm »
A/B...

Yeah, I sent the Sludge Hornets again last night.  He got them this time, and it seems all is well.

Later
Sludge

Wad_Cutter

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 09:15:19 pm »
This is one of the better videos I have seen in a while but the F/A 18 is a bab and I do love taking it p once in a while and the music was outstanding and fit with the theam of the flight. It just seems to me that with every thing a lot of people are doing for FAX it just doesn't help that much because of a lack of weapons. That's why a lot of PC pilots fly military isn't it? I long time ago I read something that a person was working on that. Does any one know where that idea went? There are times I just need to see something come off the rack and see it fly. Know what I mean. Thanks for any info any one might have on the subject. Great video, thanks for making it. waddy

neutrino

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2010, 12:32:52 am »
This is one of the better videos I have seen in a while but the F/A 18 is a bab and I do love taking it p once in a while and the music was outstanding and fit with the theam of the flight. It just seems to me that with every thing a lot of people are doing for FAX it just doesn't help that much because of a lack of weapons. That's why a lot of PC pilots fly military isn't it? I long time ago I read something that a person was working on that. Does any one know where that idea went? There are times I just need to see something come off the rack and see it fly. Know what I mean. Thanks for any info any one might have on the subject. Great video, thanks for making it. waddy
VRS is working on a military pack for their Super Hornet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3oyI3Axt40
I think that's the best there is at the moment when it comes to military applications for FSX and it will be only for single player, you won't be able to shoot at people in multiplayer.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 12:36:53 am by neutrino »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2010, 01:27:41 am »
Pretty nice vid, considering the 30 second limitation on your copy of fraps.   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

albix

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2010, 07:37:32 pm »
Hello, I like the video!
I would love to get the Sludge Hornet too. How could I get it?
Many thanks.

legomanjcg

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 11:48:57 pm »
Glad you liked the video ;D

As for the Sludge Hornet, you'll have to contact Sludge himself if you haven't gotten it yet from someone else.  Afterburn93 has also helped in distribution.
--legomanjcg / SuperToast

markturner

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 12:03:53 pm »
Hey Legoman, neat video BTW! Thanks for sharing!

I have Fraps ( the paid for version) as well, and wondered how you managed to produce such a long video without breaks. My Fraps only records 3.9GB at a time, then makes another file. Also these files are pretty big, nearly 4gb for about 2 minutes worth of video. I can resize them using windows moviemaker, but wondered if there was some tips etc on making videos you can share with me.

Cheers, Mark

legomanjcg

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2010, 05:38:37 am »
Hi there, glad you like the video!

Well, if it's the file sizes that worry you, there is probably an option in the Fraps for quality.  Less quality would mean less hard drive space taken up.  I do have the unregistered version of Fraps, so I get 30 second intervals of video.   I just hit the record button almost right after that interval.  Of course, I do have the washout of Fraps at the top of each recording.  Just a small price to pay for the free version ;)

Of course, and not to brag, it helps that I have half a Terabyte of harddrive space (500GB).  I think with this video I accumulated roughly 20GB of video capture.  I just deleted it once I had everything uploaded to Youtube and ready to go.  Hope this helps!
--legomanjcg / SuperToast