Author Topic: neat video of the Sludge F/A18-A and TrackIR  (Read 14947 times)

legomanjcg

neat video of the Sludge F/A18-A and TrackIR
« on: March 26, 2010, 01:49:04 am »
Hey guys, Afterburn and I put together a film showing off our new TrackIR gear and modified F/A18 aircraft thanks to Sludge!

Hope you like it!  Comment if you like ;)
--legomanjcg / SuperToast

Paco

Re: neat video of the Sludge F/A18-A and TrackIR
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 02:54:45 am »
Nice vid guys.   Even liked the music!

Paco

legomanjcg

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 03:22:18 am »
Thanks. Glad you liked it!

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 07:23:16 am »
Damn Fellas...

Great video.  Thanks for the credits, makes it worth all the time put into the Hornet to see a good video like this.  Now us weekend multi flyers know where you have been spending your time when you come into last weekend's session and your formation skills are tight.  The Courcheval departure is definately one of my fav's!  And the "chase plane" shot watching the other Hornet land was really cool!!  Did you guys ad-lib or was it planned out to do a shot like that?

BTW, as one last final hurrah to the default Hornet, Im making one last mod batch.  In addition to the new sounds fixed up, got Betty w/proper Altitude and Bingo calls, and have the HiAoA LEX Vapor setup to work really well.  I incorrectly set parameters for the Vapor according to G force when in actuality, LEX Vapor should be tied in with 9+ AoA.  Will start sending out to people who want it after this weekend as I will be really busy.  This final mod has all the latest mods (gear/landing light fix, LEX AoA Vapor, newer Gear points, and FSXNP's new sound files w/Bitchin' Betty).  Im only doing this as a backup in case the SuperBug is a frame rate killer.  Hope not, but would rather be prepared.

Later
Sludge

Stretch32

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 07:16:38 pm »
Where can you D/L the "Sludge Hornet" from? Is it the modified default version that's available from the Virtual Blues? Sorry, don't mean to hijack but it seems theres alot of talk about it and I just wanted to check it out.

Stretch

Afterburn93

• "I've got this thing floored!"
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 08:56:28 pm »
Damn Fellas...

Great video.  Thanks for the credits, makes it worth all the time put into the Hornet to see a good video like this.  Now us weekend multi flyers know where you have been spending your time when you come into last weekend's session and your formation skills are tight.  The Courcheval departure is definately one of my fav's!  And the "chase plane" shot watching the other Hornet land was really cool!!  Did you guys ad-lib or was it planned out to do a shot like that?

BTW, as one last final hurrah to the default Hornet, Im making one last mod batch.  In addition to the new sounds fixed up, got Betty w/proper Altitude and Bingo calls, and have the HiAoA LEX Vapor setup to work really well.  I incorrectly set parameters for the Vapor according to G force when in actuality, LEX Vapor should be tied in with 9+ AoA.  Will start sending out to people who want it after this weekend as I will be really busy.  This final mod has all the latest mods (gear/landing light fix, LEX AoA Vapor, newer Gear points, and FSXNP's new sound files w/Bitchin' Betty).  Im only doing this as a backup in case the SuperBug is a frame rate killer.  Hope not, but would rather be prepared.

Later
Sludge

Hey Sludge,

No problem for the credits man, made it all worth while to do the video, otherwise we would've been stuck with the default hornet.

As for the "chase plane" shot, that was planned out in a way. Since the video was filmed from legoman's cockpit, he had to make the measures to capture my plane in those shots (which he did a very nice job on). Also, looking hindsight it probably would've been a good idea to have both of us fly formation on each other, instead of legoman just filming me fly form on him, but nonetheless I'm very satisfied with the video.

So with the new hornet, is there a whole separate aircraft file for it, or is it just add-ons to the existing one? Either way, sounds pretty neat, we will see tomorrow!

A/B

Benjamin "Afterburn" Rothstein (A/B, Candlewacs)

"Is that an Uzi in your handbag... or are you just pleased to see me?"

skimmer

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 10:46:47 pm »
Looks great!  :)

legomanjcg

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 11:45:56 pm »
Thanks for the comments everyone, and yes Sludge we've spent some time during the week practicing ;D  Well, at least AB did a bit more than me anyway, that's why i was the lead plane. hehe

I think most of the video was just a spur of the moment so to say, meaning we didn't plan much before shooting.  We found the airfield and I decided to watch AB come in while I went around, ended up making a great video.

As for the new Sludge Hornet update, I'll grab it whenever I get a chance, thanks for the updates!

Afterburn93

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 03:27:40 am »
Where can you D/L the "Sludge Hornet" from? Is it the modified default version that's available from the Virtual Blues? Sorry, don't mean to hijack but it seems theres alot of talk about it and I just wanted to check it out.

Stretch

Stretch,

I'm not sure if there is anywhere to download the Sludge hornet itself from, Sludge would have to elaborate on that.

Basically, it is a more realism-oriented version of the default hornet. The back end is lowered to be more in line with the front, engine power has been re-vamped, and various other improvements. There is also a Sludge "FX" hornet out, with wing vapor and smoke contrail effects.

A/B

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 06:24:27 am »
A/B...

Easy to tell you guys were practicing.  As Paco noted, you guys are flying really good formation.  Remember when I had Paddles and we were talking about the Break timing?  The required 15 seconds.  Well before that, you two were flying right over the carrier in the best form Ive seen on FSX.  On the Money good!  Glad you found that airfield as the sense of immersion increased x 2, with that over-the-wing landing shot.

As far as the Sludge Hornet.  Im not wide-releasing it, as I dont have all the permissions, so it will be on a case-by-case basis. You can get it from me directly by PMing me with your regular email or asking some of the regulars here if they can download their Sludge Hornets to you.  I have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER with anybody who has the Sludge Hornet passing it along to others on a 1-to-1 basis.  Additionally, as all the mod's/enhancements are properly documented and credited in the READ ME, there should be no legal issues involved.

This last update will be a new pack.  After downloading before you cut and paste, you need to delete both Sludge Hornets from the SIMOBJECTS/AIRPLANES directory and do a fresh cut and paste for both Hornets.  Also, the way its setup, youll need to download the new Sound Folder and install it to your default Hornet as the Sludge Hornet's Sounds are ALIAS'd to the default Hornet.  Remember to back up (ie, rename the default Hornet Sound folder to Sound.bak or Sound_bak) before cutting and pasting the new Sound Pack to your default Folder.  This way, IF you dont like the new sounds, reverting is a snap.  Although Im pretty sure, once you fly with the new sounds, youll love them.  If you dont care for Betty's warnings, feel free to REM OUT the [GPWS] entry for "ALTITUDE" and the LOW FUEL "BINGO" entry.  Altitude comes at 300 AGL or lower (per B/A carrier ops video and NATOPS Ball Visual MINIMUMs), and 2.0k for Bingo (3.0k is standard divert fuel, but shaved 1k since we get lower during night carrier ops).  Feel free to mod these values at your discretion.  The Bingo entry is calculated as 10646 (Max fuel) x .188 (percentage) = 2001 lbs.

Sorry, wont be there for the weekend flights as I have a full weekend coming up.  Ill send the new Sludge Hornets/Sound Pack to Simon and he can pass it out to others.  Have a fun weekend flight.

Later
Sludge

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 09:13:21 am »
Thanks Sludge!!

Looking forward to trying out this latest sludge hornet of yours!!! We will miss you this weekend dude!

For everyone else that plans on flying later today* (well it is for me )
and wants the new sludge hornet to fly with please send me your email address cos my file sending over skype is really sl..oo..oo.w I can email it to one of you Orion , Ben (who can then put the files on skype before the session) or i can just email you direct if you want ...send me a mail to tothebeech@gmail.com or PM me on this forum.(sonofabeech)

Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

Orion

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 09:36:19 am »
Hey Simon,

You've got an email from me - I've sent you the newest version of the Sludge Hornet, as of 27 Mar 2010 12:30 AM Pacific Time (DST).

Afterburn93

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 05:20:41 pm »
Hey Simon,

I can do that, whenever you want to send me it, the E-Mail is Rhoads56@aol.com.

A/B

Orion

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 07:01:31 pm »
And Ben, you've got an email too.

frankwi

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 03:37:06 pm »
I would also like to try it out please.

frankwi@sbcglobal.net